Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor has bright stripe after a fall

Options
  • 18-05-2014 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

I dropped my monitor while moving it and it now has a bright vertical section taking up around 20% of the right hand side of the screen. (Or a dark section taking up around 80% of the left hand side - I can't tell).

The change from dark to light isn't gradual - it's a perfectly straight line.

Anyone have any ideas what the exact problem could be and if this is fixable?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

hardwood wrote: »
    I dropped my monitor while moving it and it now has a bright vertical section taking up around 20% of the right hand side of the screen. (Or a dark section taking up around 80% of the left hand side - I can't tell).

The change from dark to light isn't gradual - it's a perfectly straight line.

Anyone have any ideas what the exact problem could be and if this is fixable?

Thanks!

LCD monitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭hardwood

endacl wrote: »
    LCD monitor?

Yep

Yep
    Das ist kaput.

New monitor.

endacl wrote: »
    Das ist kaput.

New monitor.

Thanks, very helpful.

Thanks, very helpful.

You could probably source a replacement screen, but tbh a new monitor would be as cheap if you shop around.

• Advertisement

Can you elaborate more on the "kaput" part?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,174 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Can you elaborate more on the "kaput" part?

non economical to repair

Overheal wrote: »
    non economical to repair

I meant could I have a bit more of a technical explanation other than it's broke, buy a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

20% of the diodes have gone to heaven (are broken if you prefer) so unfortunately you need a new one...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I meant could I have a bit more of a technical explanation other than it's broke, buy a new one.

LCD panels are fragile, you broke yours. 90% of the cost of a monitor is the panel, so your better off buying a new one. Not covered under warranty either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement