Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grealishtown bohermore and rahylin glebe

Options
  • 18-05-2014 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Would you move into a house in these areas?

I noticed a few boarded-up houses in Grealishtown - have they been like that for long?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,959 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

melodies wrote: »
    Would you move into a house in these areas?

I noticed a few boarded-up houses in Grealishtown - have they been like that for long?

I dunno much about Rahylin Glebe.

But re Grealishtown, Yes and Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Yeah, the ones directly opposite the cemetery were bought for development years ago. I believe the owners are in NAMA.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 melodies

Thanks both. There were some reports from a few years back about Bohermore being a bit lairy at night but I can't imagine it's that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Thanks both. There were some reports from a few years back about Bohermore being a bit lairy at night but I can't imagine it's that bad.

It has its bad eggs like anywhere does, also a problem with rats in some areas from the graveyard opposite, according to someone i know living up there.

also a problem with rats in some areas from the graveyard opposite, according to someone i know living up there.

How many legs do they (the rats, not your contact) have?

• Advertisement

How many legs do they (the rats, not your contact) have?

Many.

Rats! your kidding - are they coming into the houses or just into the gardens?

No idea if theyre inside or outside, just what i heard from someone living in the area, didnt enquire as to the rats accommodation situation.

Thanks for letting me know anyway. I think it would be intolerable if they were aggressive enough to come inside, but if it was just seeing the occasional rat on the street, that's not unbearable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

What or where is Grealishtown? Is that just Bohermore in general that has been boarded up since the year of dot? Well I can tell ya one place to stay away from anyway, firsthand information right here:D will NEVER forget it it will stay with me forever it even wakes me up sometimes! :mad: don't know if am allowed name it but will pm ya. Let's just say it's more out of town than in though more the Tuam Road than Bohermore can I say that I wonder?! In further discussions reasons by innocent non-City un-knowners lol was because of the Galway Dump. 9 years on and still talks of vermin vermin everywhere. :eek: Worrying.

Lived in Rahylin Glebe for a while sometime between 06 and 08 I think can't remember. It was grand. Place was decent enough then, it was better than had anticipated in terms of rowdyness and roughing it. Handy for work that side of town, on a couple of Bus Routes and additional Bus Routes couple of steps walking further up. Having the Supermarket right opposite was great but Briarhill is handy enough to get to now. There was a lot of middle-aged families as neighbours around at the time, kids probably in College so it was a quiet enough neighbourhood. Never any trouble while I was there anyway. But that's few years back now, no idea what it's like to live there now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Joe Duffy..

Incoherent post.

Grealishtown is the bunch of houses on the left just past NRG gym, opposite Bohermore graveyard. Is the city dump near there then? Is it a safe area in terms of personal safety, burglaries etc and is it noisy?

I lived not far from Rahylin Glebe but back in late 80's and it didn't seem to have anything wrong in my eyes, but it may have changed. Was on a visit to Galway a few weeks ago and a guy wandered out into the road in front of my car, seemed well out of it - but hey, we prob looked the same back in student days.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

Grealishtown has been boarded up a while now but has great potential. I often imagined buying two or three of them and turning them into one big house. They've got an old worldly look about them and could be made very attractive.

Rahylin Glebe is a grand area. Quiet enough and close to amenities. Excellent bus route that runs every 15/20mins or just a 20/30min walk to town.

dizzymiss wrote: »
    Grealishtown has been boarded up a while now but has great potential. I often imagined buying two or three of them and turning them into one big house. They've got an old worldly look about them and could be made very attractive.

Rahylin Glebe is a grand area. Quiet enough and close to amenities. Excellent bus route that runs every 15/20mins or just a 20/30min walk to town.

And its a short walk to GMIT.

Grealishtown isn't all boarded up, some of the houses have been restored.

Advertisement