Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

HELP ME OUT HERE PLEASE!

Options
  • 18-05-2014 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

I have a car and know how to drive. My theory test is next saturday and i already have all my forms filled out and eye test passed and all that. I know everything is done through your driver number now. IF i pass, could i go to the ndls and send off for my licence and then get insured on my mothers car the same day? IE drive with just the reciept from the ndls while waiting for my learner permit? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

If it's your theory test then you'll need somebody with a full license in the car with you. If it's your driving test I'm pretty sure you'll be ok to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

if its your full test you are sitting, then you need to check with your insurance company. Not all of them will accept the receipt as proof - we are with AXA and they would only insure on proof of the receipt of copy of the actual licence.

If its your Theory Test you pass, then you only have a learner's permit and can only drive with a fully licence person accompanying you. Again, the insurance company may require actual copy of learner's permit before they insure you.

Its ambigious to me which licence type you are going for.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,752 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

It's obvious which test the OP means; 'while waiting for my learner permit'.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

Ah, I missed that. In that case it's very likely that you'll need the actual license to get insured, I know I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

11521323 wrote: »
    I have a car and know how to drive. My theory test is next saturday and i already have all my forms filled out and eye test passed and all that. I know everything is done through your driver number now. IF i pass, could i go to the ndls and send off for my licence and then get insured on my mothers car the same day? IE drive with just the reciept from the ndls while waiting for my learner permit? Thanks.

As a 1st time learner permit holder you will be informed that you should not drive until you actually receive the permit. Those with a 'bw' permit can drive a tractor unaccompanied, but not a car.

• Advertisement
Advertisement