Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Broadband, Tv and Mobile Deal/ combo

Options
  • 18-05-2014 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hi Guy's,

I recently moved back to Ireland as i was living abroad.

I need to Order in services for TV, BroadBand and a new mobile phone contract,

I was originally gonna go with UPC on their horizon package but i do need a mobile phone contract too so i was thinking of Eircom?

Or does any one know a good combination of these providers with the best deals going?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

There was an Eircom thread on here last week, with a good deal, about €30 a month including line rental. It was a friends or family deal, but it seems to have disappeared though. Pity as I was thinking of taking it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 screentodesk

Any of my online friends want a link to promo deal pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Log-on

Will do cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

Could I get that too please?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

There was an Eircom thread on here last week, with a good deal, about €30 a month including line rental. It was a friends or family deal, but it seems to have disappeared though. Pity as I was thinking of taking it up.

Saw that a couple of weeks ago but it was the usual "for the first 6 months" in the small print but then reverted to €60 per month - not such a great deal. I found Eircom BB very unreliable, constant drops (several times a day) and useless tech support. After 18m of trying to sort out problems I switched to UPC (for phone & broadband - not TV) and have had 18m with no problems. Best to check the quality of service of your chosen provider in your area - otherwise a good deal may turn out to be a very poor deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Furzy wrote: »
    Saw that a couple of weeks ago but it was the usual "for the first 6 months" in the small print but then reverted to €60 per month - not such a great deal. I found Eircom BB very unreliable, constant drops (several times a day) and useless tech support. After 18m of trying to sort out problems I switched to UPC (for phone & broadband - not TV) and have had 18m with no problems. Best to check the quality of service of your chosen provider in your area - otherwise a good deal may turn out to be a very poor deal.
    I agree with that but had the opposite problem with UPC being rubbish and Eircom working perfect!

Furzy wrote: »

Thanks Furzy, but my problem is that UPC BB keeps on dropping for me, sometimes about every 5 minutes in the evening. I was told by the engineers that installed it for me that I was due to my distance from the box. I had Eircom previously which was stable, even if it was slower; and that was before the fibre upgrade. So given the choice, I think I'll go back to the stable BB. If that friends and family deal includes line rental then it sounds too good to miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

My problem is that UPC BB keeps on dropping for me, sometimes about every 5 minutes in the evening. I had Eircom previously which was stable, even if it was slower.
    Exact same problem for me. Evenings can be a nightmare with it. I find turning off the router and back on helps but it's hardly ideal.

PM sent.

Exact same problem for me. Evenings can be a nightmare with it. I find turning off the router and back on helps but it's hardly ideal.

Tell me about it. I may as well not have it for all the use I can make of it in the evenings. I'm just hoping that everyone else stays on UPC so I have a clear run on Eircom. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Ballymoheen01

Could I get that too please?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Log-on

PM sent.

Could i get one too?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭1997

Hi could i get a pm with the link too please,thks

Did anyone get a pm with a link?

Advertisement