Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A bit of a strange one when installing OS

• 18-05-2014 4:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Got myself a new SSD for the laptop and thought I might put a fresh install of Win8.1 64 bit on it (Laptop is a Medion E7214) which going by the MS web site is compatible.
    The laptop will boot up and start to load from the dvd but after about a minute or so I get the blue screen with sad face similar to pic, the computer screen goes black so fast I cannot see the exact error.

When I try to load a Win7 64bit verison I get the fuzzy screen

Gave up trying and tried to put on a copy of Win7 32bit which I always load when the pc goes wrong and am now getting the same fuzzy screen.

Graphics in the intel HD 13 Core onboard jobby.

Anyone ever have this issue?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,687 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Must be something funky with the laptop or the SSD frankly. Have you tried installing windows on the ssd while mounted to any other PC?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Can you boot from a Linux CD/USB and make sure the SSD is working at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Dont have another pc to mount it in. Ended up doing a disc image and SSD is working as it should on its own in the laptop. But would still like to do a fresh install once I can figure out what the issue issue. The fuzzy screen during install would point to something with the Intel grahpics chip but yet it world fine inside of windows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Something I omitted in the first post was that I also put in new So-Dimm ram. I did not think this was an issue as the computer would work find once I had my old HDD in but not with the new SDD. Anyways once I stuck back in the old ram everything worked as should.

Advertisement