Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Deputy Store Manager

Options
  • 18-05-2014 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,
    I know there are many old treads regarding work in lidl, but I have heard that there have been lots of positive changes in the company culture in the last months, so that is why I am starting a new tread.

My questions are:
    1) what would you expect from the interview process for a deputy manager?
    2) what is a typical salary?
    3) is a deputy manager same as assistant manager? On the website it says simply that every manager first start as a deputy. a role of assistant manager is not mentioned at all.
    4) are working hours still "uncapped"? would I be expected to do 70h/week?
    5) is overtime paid or can you can time in lieu?

Any other info would be hugely appreciated!
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Alias090

1. As far as from what I've heard,; They conduct Interviews in store with a Store Operations Manager and his/her superior. Then, there are group sessions in the Regional Distribution Centre (RDC). where the candidates are narrowed down again. Long winded enough process I imagine.
    2.Salary can be up to E37,000 per annum
    3. Deputy manager's are the same as Assistant managers, just their term of choice for the role.
    4. Their contracted weekly hours are 48 Per week. But some weeks, it seems they work closer to 55. They need to stay til the job is done more or less.
    5.I know they work an overtime and undertime system, but my guess is that the time is put in lieu of holiday days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 traherne

Thank you very much for your response. I am having an interview with Lidl soon and I am overhelmed by the amount of negative comments regarding Lidl's working conditions, etc.
    I have one more question: if you get a job offer would they generally alocate you to a store within a reasonable commutable distance or would it be expected of you to trabel within the whole region?
    Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Alias090

traherne wrote: »
    Thank you very much for your response. I am having an interview with Lidl soon and I am overhelmed by the amount of negative comments regarding Lidl's working conditions, etc.
    I have one more question: if you get a job offer would they generally alocate you to a store within a reasonable commutable distance or would it be expected of you to trabel within the whole region?
    Thanks again!

Im pretty sure they set out a 50km or so radius from your address that you can be allocated to. Be aware though that during your training period you will more than likely be in a range of stores within that area. Good luck with your interview. I'd make sure to be well ready to prove your ability in areas like efficiency, customer service management, fresh food responsibility and what to do in various situations relating to retail.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 traherne

Thank you again. You are very helpful.
    I will let you know how I get on. It is only the very first interview in RDC, so I am still a long way away from signing a contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MattRayner1984

Have you heard anything back about this yet? If so, what kind of time frame did you have to wait for a reply?

• Advertisement
Advertisement