Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom bills an absolute joke !!!

Options
  • 18-05-2014 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I have been an eircom customer for four months now and im fed up with the service already. Last month i got a bill of 68.45 which was wrong. I was told to pay it and i would be refunded 18.45 back as my bill should only have been 50.

I got my bill this month and would you believe its 121.90. . I rand eircom immediately and they said i never paid last months bill. Well thank god i kept the reciept. Every month i have to ring eircom because my bills are wrong.

Their customer care team is a joke. My account should have been 18.45 in credit and i should oly have to pay 32 this month. Im so sick and tired already with eircom i wish i could turn back time and go with a different company. When my contract is up im certainly leaving eircom and i have told every 1 i know whats going on with them.

You would think after being on the news about incorrect bill they would try and sort outthe problem but no they still continue to mess up bills. 

A WARNING for anyone thinking off going with them DONT they will RIP YOU OFF

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

danii24 wrote: »
    I have been an eircom customer for four months now and im fed up with the service already. Last month i got a bill of 68.45 which was wrong. I was told to pay it and i would be refunded 18.45 back as my bill should only have been 50.

I got my bill this month and would you believe its 121.90. . I rand eircom immediately and they said i never paid last months bill. Well thank god i kept the reciept. Every month i have to ring eircom because my bills are wrong.

Their customer care team is a joke. My account should have been 18.45 in credit and i should oly have to pay 32 this month. Im so sick and tired already with eircom i wish i could turn back time and go with a different company. When my contract is up im certainly leaving eircom and i have told every 1 i know whats going on with them.

You would think after being on the news about incorrect bill they would try and sort outthe problem but no they still continue to mess up bills. 

Hi danii24

I'm sorry to hear of these issues and I'm very sorry to hear you feel this way - please feel free to PM me your account details and I will folow this up for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭major deegan

Yeah sounds familiar alright,signed up for the e fibre with the offer of €35 pm for 6 maths and €50 pm thereafter....first bill comes in €55 so called up and was told a mistake was made and it would be rectified...eircom went ahead and took the larger amount via dd anyway...is this legal???? 

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Very similar thing happened to my friend, incorrectly overcharged and then took ages to get his refund back. They kept blaming him as well even though they were clearly at fault.

Yeah sounds familiar alright,signed up for the e fibre with the offer of €35 pm for 6 maths and €50 pm thereafter....first bill comes in €55 so called up and was told a mistake was made and it would be rectified...eircom went ahead and took the larger amount via dd anyway...is this legal???? 
    Hi major deegan

Sorry to hear of the issues affecting your bill, feel free to PM me your account number - I'll be happy to look in to this for you :)

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 27 danii24

yea its happening to most people that i talked too who are with them im getting it sorted i think i logged it complaint but that will prob get ignored..keep every receipt of payment u have and keep a very close eye on your eircom account they cant be trusted at all

• Advertisement

yea its happening to most people that i talked too who are with them im getting it sorted i think i logged it complaint but that will prob get ignored..keep every receipt of payment u have and keep a very close eye on your eircom account they cant be trusted at all
    Hi danii24

I will be happy to look in to this for you and resolve the issue, you would like to PM me your details?

Thanks
    Al

Alan
    it is getting resolved i just put up that post as a warning to people thinking off going with eircom. . People have a right to no what eircom are like before they sign up with a contract 

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭major deegan

yeah, pm'd acc# yesterday!

yeah, pm'd acc# yesterday!
    Hi major deegan

I've just replied to your PM,

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hitbit

Don't ever ever let them owe you anything they will never give it back. Their dirtbag Meteor division screwed me out of €15 and my son out of €5. I was thinking of switching to their efibre broadband phone and tv but discovering the the parent is as devious as the child Iv'e changed my mind.

Thanks

Hitbit

• Advertisement

hitbit wrote: »
    Don't ever ever let them owe you anything they will never give it back. Their dirtbag Meteor division screwed me out of €15 and my son out of €5. I was thinking of switching to their efibre broadband phone and tv but discovering the the parent is as devious as the child Iv'e changed my mind.

Thanks

Hitbit
    meteor did me out of 250e on a mobile bill contract. . .what a shame that irish people cannot get a reliable service from irish phone companies absolute disgrace eircom and meteor should be ashamed of their antics total disgrace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Thanks

Hitbit
    meteor did me out of 250e on a mobile bill contract. . .what a shame that irish people cannot get a reliable service from irish phone companies absolute disgrace eircom and meteor should be ashamed of their antics total disgrace
    Hi danii24

I'm sorry you feel this way. If you have an outstanding issue for Meteor you can post a query to them here

Meteor

thanks
    Colm

• Registered Users Posts: 3 blade99

Eircom promised me €120 credit  as a goodwill gesture and only gave me €60 so far, then transferred an old balance we thought the credit had covered to our latest bill, cancelling this direct debit Eircom took the money yesterday anyway. The person from the customer service who promised us the credit will not respond to me emails.

blade99 wrote: »
    Eircom promised me €120 credit  as a goodwill gesture and only gave me €60 so far, then transferred an old balance we thought the credit had covered to our latest bill, cancelling this direct debit Eircom took the money yesterday anyway. The person from the customer service who promised us the credit will not respond to me emails.
    HI blade99

I responded to your other threa - please PM me your details and I'll look in to this

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 3 blade99

Thank you Alan,

I have sent you a PM

blade99 wrote: »
    Thank you Alan,

I have sent you a PM
    Hi blade99

Thanks, I just got back there - please PM me your mobile number and I'll give you a call.

Thanks
    Al

there just unbelievable...comreg wont do a ting about it either....someone should make them accountable for what they're doing its no way to treat customers at all

there just unbelievable...comreg wont do a ting about it either....someone should make them accountable for what they're doing its no way to treat customers at all
    Hi danii24

I've requested your details so I can help a couple of times on this thread, I have not received a PM yet however if you would like me to help with any issue you have do feel free to PM me your details.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

My bill is supposed to be 30 euros a month and it is 55 last month and 65 this month! this is after the line wasn't even working when I opened account (had been with upc so different box) and no one Checked it. Was supposed to being given credit and of course it didn't arrive. Last month I apparently was over my broadband package (must be tiny!! Of course sales guy didn't tell me it didn't compare to what I was on) so I asked to up it to the unlimited one and now it's 65 euros!!! Should only have been 35..
    It's a joke they screw you for everything and their bills are impossible to understand,,, and why is vat not included when they give you a package?! I am not a business!!!

murphf wrote: »
    My bill is supposed to be 30 euros a month and it is 55 last month and 65 this month! this is after the line wasn't even working when I opened account (had been with upc so different box) and no one Checked it. Was supposed to being given credit and of course it didn't arrive. Last month I apparently was over my broadband package (must be tiny!! Of course sales guy didn't tell me it didn't compare to what I was on) so I asked to up it to the unlimited one and now it's 65 euros!!! Should only have been 35..
    It's a joke they screw you for everything and their bills are impossible to understand,,, and why is vat not included when they give you a package?! I am not a business!!!
    Hi murphf

Sorry to hear of the billing issues, free free to PM me your eircom account number and I'll look in to this for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

I've had it with UPC and have ordered Sky TV Broadband and Phone services.
    Thanks to Meteor screwing me out of €15 and my son out of €5 Eircom's evision never even got a look in. Great the way you lot repeatedly shoot yourselves in the feet.

Hitbit

Thanks to Meteor screwing me out of €15 and my son out of €5 Eircom's evision never even got a look in. Great the way you lot repeatedly shoot yourselves in the feet.

Hitbit
    Hi hitbit

Apologies for the inconvenience - if there is anything I can help with let me know.

Thanks
    Al

Hitbit
    Hi hitbit

Apologies for the inconvenience - if there is anything I can help with let me know.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan. Your most kind but unfortunately you work for a scurrilous company who do their utmost to alienate their current and potential customers at every hands turn. They claim they refunded my miserable €15 but my bank never received it. They want my bank statements NOT A HOPE IN HELL. This is a clever ploy as they know most people will not provide such information. They are making in more difficult than breaking into the central bank for my son to get the miserable €5 they owe him. I have, do and will actively discourage all and sundry from availing of Eircom services unless absolutely necessary.
    Could have had my and another son,s tv, broadband and phone services, one in Dublin the other in Balbriggan but we have both just switched from UPC to Sky because Eircom are untrustworthy. Good old ERRORCOM the one with its big foot in its mouth.

hitbit

murphf wrote: »
    Hi murphf,

I think that legally they may be required to tell your about any and all goverenment levies. Be warned getting money back from them is well like tryingt to find an honest Irish politician or banker.

hitbit

Aghhh,

Good old ERRORCOM strikes again.

Errorcom 2 out of 10

Meteor 0 out of 10

eMobile initally 2 out of ten but after 4 weeks of almost war 10 out of 10.
    Their customer services people are great but you can feel it over the phone. they have their hands tied behind their backs and are being misinformed from on high.

hitbit

Aghhh,

Good old ERRORCOM strikes again.

Errorcom 2 out of 10

Meteor 0 out of 10

eMobile initally 2 out of ten but after 4 weeks of almost war 10 out of 10.
    Their customer services people are great but you can feel it over the phone. they have their hands tied behind their backs and are being misinformed from on high.

hitbit
    Hi hitbit

If you want me to look in to an eircom issue for you please feel free to PM me your eircom account number and issue.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 4 klaraspecial

I moved house on 4t of April. It took Eircom until 11th of April to pull the wire from pole to house. It took another two weeks! to bring the wire to the house so I could actually use the phone!. While setting up the BB, I was given different information by sales agent ranging from 0.5Mb (sic!) to 12Mb New Generation BB available (none of which is true BTW). I brought my grievances in complaint and was told that my next bill will be waived as good will gesture. My old landlord contacted me that new tennant can not get set up as I am still named on the line! I rang Eircom and informed of the above on 26th of May.  I was billed and debited for my old house on 29th of May!Received threatening letter to pay 169 euro for my new line on 12th of June. Phoned Collection Department, was told that they had no record of me moving house!!!!, direct debit did not transfer, there will be credits on my next bil, old house payment will be brought forward to new house lalalala.....saga goes on....16th of June I received another threatening letter to pay 264eur! No credits, bringing money forward, reflecting direct debit for new account that I have set up . Just threats! WTF Eircom? Can I honestly recommend this company to anyone?  

I moved house on 4t of April. It took Eircom until 11th of April to pull the wire from pole to house. It took another two weeks! to bring the wire to the house so I could actually use the phone!. While setting up the BB, I was given different information by sales agent ranging from 0.5Mb (sic!) to 12Mb New Generation BB available (none of which is true BTW). I brought my grievances in complaint and was told that my next bill will be waived as good will gesture. My old landlord contacted me that new tennant can not get set up as I am still named on the line! I rang Eircom and informed of the above on 26th of May.  I was billed and debited for my old house on 29th of May!Received threatening letter to pay 169 euro for my new line on 12th of June. Phoned Collection Department, was told that they had no record of me moving house!!!!, direct debit did not transfer, there will be credits on my next bil, old house payment will be brought forward to new house lalalala.....saga goes on....16th of June I received another threatening letter to pay 264eur! No credits, bringing money forward, reflecting direct debit for new account that I have set up . Just threats! WTF Eircom? Can I honestly recommend this company to anyone?  

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi klaraspecial

I'm very sorry to hear all this and apologise for the disappointment this has caused. Please PM me your old and new account number - I will look in to this for you.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 4 klaraspecial

PM sent yesterday, no response so far.

Spoke to Customer Care yesterday and after 1 hour conversation with agent, trawling trough records, credits applied etc. agent informed me that I owe  8 euro (eight euro)...Phoned again today to double check that records have been updated, only to find out that the bill is still where it was. Spoke to another Customer Care Agent (another 60 mins conversation) and after trawling through the same information as yesterday, agent told me that unfortunately the agent from yesterday did not record conversation properly. I was also informed that I owe eircom 205 euro (two hundred and five euro)....

• Advertisement

PM sent yesterday, no response so far.

Spoke to Customer Care yesterday and after 1 hour conversation with agent, trawling trough records, credits applied etc. agent informed me that I owe  8 euro (eight euro)...Phoned again today to double check that records have been updated, only to find out that the bill is still where it was. Spoke to another Customer Care Agent (another 60 mins conversation) and after trawling through the same information as yesterday, agent told me that unfortunately the agent from yesterday did not record conversation properly. I was also informed that I owe eircom 205 euro (two hundred and five euro)....
    Hi klaraspecial

I have not yet received a private message from you, if you could send this today I'll look in to thsi for you.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement