Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spray foam insulation

Options
  • 18-05-2014 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am keen to get my dormer house airtight this winter as we spet a fortune on oil last winter. The warm air is getting sucked out and when we turn off the heating, the rooms upstairs can drop to 10 degrees!

I got a couple of quotes last year and they were all between 3500 and 4500 for spraying the crawl space at front and back of house. i thought this as a bit excessive as it costs approx 1500 to pump the cavities.

I live in Galway and there appears to be a fixed price of 20 per sq metre. on another note, none of the contractors seem to come up with the same measurements. Either my house is alternating in size or they are using some dodgy measurement tools!!

i am just wondering if anyone else has insulated their house with spray foam and if so how much did it cost you.

Thanks/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭ccsolar

Pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭getaroom

<snip> Their a trade shop but you should be ok. They sell the spray foam kits including the sprayers themselves. Stick on a coverall suit and a mask and spray away. BTW i have no association with NS.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭ccsolar

getaroom wrote: »
    <snip> Their a trade shop but you should be ok. They sell the spray foam kits including the sprayers themselves. Stick on a coverall suit and a mask and spray away. BTW i have no association with NS.

Just be careful not to burn the house down, certain spray foams react with electric cables and can and have caused house fires.

Advertisement