Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Starlings - Nesting - please Help

• 18-05-2014 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi All

I have 2 stralings at least nesting in my gutters at the front of the house. They have my house destroyed with bird poo. They are very loud but i dont care about that. I would cope for another few weeks but i am attached to another house, both cream in color and both getting detoyred and they are comaplining now. I am trying to watch the birds to see what stage its at, i saw one bringing back some green twigs today which made me think they are building a nest but there s definietly 2 of them which made me thin they have babies. Can anyone advce me re times of years and duration of nestings? Really desperate now, need to do something!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Kukey

I have starlings nesting in my gutters and babies have been born.They are crying
    out for food all day!
    The noise of them would drive you mad especially in the mornings:)
    It's worthwhile though when the babies leave the nest.I love watching the Mother
    feeding them on the ground,when they are out and about themselves.
    They don't give the poor Mother a minute:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Hi All

I have 2 stralings at least nesting in my gutters at the front of the house. They have my house destroyed with bird poo. They are very loud but i dont care about that. I would cope for another few weeks but i am attached to another house, both cream in color and both getting detoyred and they are comaplining now. I am trying to watch the birds to see what stage its at, i saw one bringing back some green twigs today which made me think they are building a nest but there s definietly 2 of them which made me thin they have babies. Can anyone advce me re times of years and duration of nestings? Really desperate now, need to do something!

Firstly, tell the neighbours that there is nothing you can do about it as it is illegal to disturb or destroy an active nest - and it could be their house next year. Starlings will use the nest for about 5 weeks and then you could see about having the access blocked up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 944 ✭✭✭swifts need our help!

Starlings in my area have now fledged. I hope swifts don't use the nest site after the starlings if you're planning to close it!

Advertisement