Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summerhill 4k and 10k 1st June 2014

Options
  • 18-05-2014 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Evening all,

I'm a newb to this whole running lark, and I was just wondering if anyone had any info on the Summerhill 4k, which I intend to run in a fortnights time. By info I mean:

Bib Numbering - Is that a thing at craic like this?
    Even the vaguest idea of the whole finish line malarkey would be of use. I havent a clue about things like medals or commemoration of events that isn't competitive archery.
    Start Time - There's some confusion on t'internet about the time it starts, saying 9.30 or 1pm. HELP!

Thanks a lot guys and gals,
    :D
    Amy
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Evening all,

I'm a newb to this whole running lark, and I was just wondering if anyone had any info on the Summerhill 4k, which I intend to run in a fortnights time. By info I mean:

Bib Numbering - Is that a thing at craic like this?
    Even the vaguest idea of the whole finish line malarkey would be of use. I havent a clue about things like medals or commemoration of events that isn't competitive archery.
    Start Time - There's some confusion on t'internet about the time it starts, saying 9.30 or 1pm. HELP!

Thanks a lot guys and gals,
    :D
    Amy

Yes you will have to wear a bib number, i dont know what you mean by finish line 'mularkey', as regards start time what i've been told its 1pm. Email the organiser if you want 100% confirmation, same regarding medals. Info is limited alright & i'm only giving what i know from living close to the event. Regards course info see my other post.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 daywalkerx10

tang1 wrote: »
    Yes you will have to wear a bib number, i dont know what you mean by finish line 'mularkey', as regards start time what i've been told its 1pm. Email the organiser if you want 100% confirmation, same regarding medals. Info is limited alright & i'm only giving what i know from living close to the event. Regards course info see my other post.

Yay, bib numbers are totally fine by me, I want to keep it as proof to myself of reaching goals, etc!

My apologies, I meant is it a big deal, photos and the like? I texted Martin Gavigan the chap who seems to be in charge of the whole shindig, but he just helped me with the sign up info. 1pm is grand, 9.30 would have been better for my morning runner self but hey, ho - gotta roll with the punches :P I might give him a bell on Tuesday morning and make 100% sure of everything.

Now that I think of it, 1pm is probably best for the Fun Run, since the serious runners will be out for the early 10k. It makes sense now :D

Thanks for all the help,
    I appreciate it :D

Amy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

My apologies, I meant is it a big deal, photos and the like?

Just make sure you smile!! There no big deal at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 daywalkerx10

tang1 wrote: »
    Just make sure you smile!! There no big deal at all.

I don't smile when I run, I'm too busy looking haggard and dishevelled!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

I'm in too, and have been planning my trip.
    Useful info for those taking part (please correct me if I'm wrong on any of these points!)

Registration Location: Summerhill Community Centre, Enfield Road, Summerhill (there'll be signs in the village according to http://www.active.com/meath-comeath/running/distance-running-races/summerhill-10k-and-4k-2014

Community Centre located at: https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Summerhill+Community+Centre/@53.480071,-6.73287,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x486766b8da1eb937:0xe191c68d0cbda19d
    GPS Co-Ords: 53°28'48.2"N 6°43'58.1"W (53.480070, -6.732816)

Start is 1pm (for 4K and 10K I assume, since there is no distinction on the entry page)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

Done and done!
    What a stunning day - a bit overcast, but some sun here and there. Lovely and warm (and thank goodness for the extra water station: 3.5km and 6.5km as well as finish line!)
    The route can best be described as 'scenic and mildly undulating' - really quite lovely and fairly easy, with many small little 'hills' along the way. route profile: http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/fullscreen/433304254/

The race was well organised, the day well planned and executed. Tea/coffee and sandwiches in the community centre hall afterwards was a lovely little bonus. The fruit at the finish line was a real sweet treat too. Overall A+++ to the organisers - you guys did a fantastic job, and a great day was had by all. I'll be back next year for sure! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 47 meathrunner

Very well organised enjoyable run. Lovely challenging enough route on nice country roads. Will definitely be back next year to do this one again

Advertisement