Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the best ice creams in Dublin?

Options
  • 18-05-2014 9:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21

What are the best ice creams in Dublin?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

Murphy's on Wicklow Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

ginos on henry street

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

ginos on henry street
    Are they the same as the one in Bray? If so, yes they're really good too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Murphy's is amazing. There's a new place with Italian gelato by the spire, haven't tried, but the choice looks impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭technocrat

WildRosie wrote: »
    +1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Are they the same as the one in Bray? If so, yes they're really good too!
    not sure about bray but there is one in arklow as well, they are very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Teddy's out in Dun Laoghaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭CatLou

mhge wrote: »
    Murphy's is amazing. There's a new place with Italian gelato by the spire, haven't tried, but the choice looks impressive.

That's Suso, been there twice now, they have a lot of flavours, the ice cream is pretty good but not as good as Murphy's :) still very much worth a visit if you're around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I'm not trying to be funny. But the best ice cream in Dublin is the 2,5 litre tub of vanilla from lidl for €3,99. It's made with cream and real vanilla. It's so good

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Another vote for Murphys here. Slightly expensive but so, so worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭gluppers

I agree. But they are very expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Teddy's out in Dun Laoghaire.

I hear a lot about this place, do they make their own ice cream and is there many flavours to choose ?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭gluppers

If you want my twopence worth about Teddy's, I've tasted better whipped ice cream (from places that are no longer around). I thing it's their location, Sandycove / Dun Laoghaire, that elevates them a bit with people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

hfallada wrote: »
    I'm not trying to be funny. But the best ice cream in Dublin is the 2,5 litre tub of vanilla from lidl for €3,99. It's made with cream and real vanilla. It's so good

My daughter had her tonsils out during last week and MY GOD that ice cream is damned good!.. I think I'm eating more of it than she is :D

So fecking good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

hfallada wrote: »

I'll give it a try and if I like it, well, if you see a fella walking down Moore St eating out of a tub, tip the hat to a fellow boardsie. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Johnwayne98

technocrat wrote: »
    +1

Angelo's in portmarnock, very cheap and great choice of ice creams, well worth taking a trip out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Murphy's is a rip off. Gem Howth 99's are nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

baldbear wrote: »
    Murphy's is a rip off. Gem Howth 99's are nice.

Yeah after reading this thread I tried it. Was really nice but cost €3.80 for a very small cone

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

baldbear wrote: »
    Murphy's is a rip off.

Not at all. The prices are clearly displayed, they're not compulsory, and there are plenty of cheaper alternatives available.

I don't think rip off means what you think it means....

gluppers wrote: »
    If you want my twopence worth about Teddy's, I've tasted better whipped ice cream (from places that are no longer around). I thing it's their location, Sandycove / Dun Laoghaire, that elevates them a bit with people

Try Gino's in Dalkey

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Try Gino's in Dalkey
    Try Gino's in Dalkey
    Try Gino's in Dalkey
    Try Gino's in Dalkey
    Try Gino's in Dalkey

So.......

Gino's in Dalkey is worth a try...?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

There is a place on Grafton Street that I forget the name of, they have really nice ice cream. Tried Murphy's and it didn't really taste great tbh, personal preference and all that. The place on Henry Street has very nice ice cream too.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭yoginindublin

i like Gino's for its smooth texture and the Ferrero is my favorite among all their flavors. I found Murphys to be similar to Ben and Jerry's and wasnt really impressed.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

entropi wrote: »
    There is a place on Grafton Street that I forget the name of, they have really nice ice cream. Tried Murphy's and it didn't really taste great tbh, personal preference and all that. The place on Henry Street has very nice ice cream too.

These are probably both Ginos - they have a very small shop on Grafton Street and a bigger one on Henry Street :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Try Gino's in Dalkey

Dalkey is it?

endacl wrote: »
    So.......

Gino's in Dalkey is worth a try...?

:D

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭wolf99

Murphy's hands down. Been to the shops in both Dublin and Dingle now and love them.
    Try the sea salt flavor with another sweeter scoop, lovely. Plus the staff are all lovely.

On a related note; Any other pedants that get mightily annoyed to see them still advertised as 99's? Been a long while since they actually cost that little...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I hear a lot about this place, do they make their own ice cream and is there many flavours to choose ?

Its whipped Ice Cream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Try Gino's in Dalkey

where abouts in Dalkey are they?

Advertisement