Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenderizing Chicken

Options
  • 18-05-2014 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Usually when I'm cooking chicken breast I tenderize it with a meat mallet first. I find that makes it cook more uniformly and the end result tastes a lot better. Just wondering if there is any negative effects of doing this. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Flat chicken. That's the only negative that I'd be aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Immersing the chicken in brine is meant to tenderise the meat. Never tried it myself mind.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,436 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Immersing the chicken in brine is meant to tenderise the meat. Never tried it myself mind.....

Brining meat usually works on a larger scale for roasting, not usually done on smaller cuts like chicken breasts. A 10% salt solution with some aromatic herbs for 12 hours is what usually works

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Rub chicken fillets with baking soda and leave to sit for 10-15min. Rinse thoroughly before cooking. Very tender and juicy chicken.

Edit: ahhh i see BoJangles similar suggestion in the dinner thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

leave overnight in buttermilk and flour it in a spiced flour is delicious.

• Advertisement
Advertisement