Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating the Leaving Cert

Options
  • 18-05-2014 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Anyone have any advice on how to go about this? I don't exactly want to go back to my current school due to not getting on well there. Anyway you can do it by just registering to do it in a school and not having to attend and study outside?

This isn't urgent its more of getting worried about not getting the points and I'd rather repeat than do a PLC if not getting my course.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Look, focus your time on studying for this years exams. You will be surprised with how you will get on! If, come results time, you don't get what you want, then look into repeating. Have faith in yourself, have a good run at it this time, and there shouldn't be a need to repeat!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

To answer your question, you don't have to be registered in any school to register for the Leaving Cert., but having thoughts of repeating in your head is not good at this stage. As Noccy_Mondy says, focus on this year and do it this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Gitiana

Hi everyone :)

So, im currently a repeat student and I just thought of something today that I forgot to ask my guidance counsellor before I finished up. Does anyone happen to know, can I still use last year's results (points) if by chance disaster strikes and I end up doing worse this year? I don't think that will happen, ive put in a lot more work this year but im just curious to know :)

Thanks in advance if anyone can help!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TheBoss11

Gitiana wrote: »
    Hi everyone :)

So, im currently a repeat student and I just thought of something today that I forgot to ask my guidance counsellor before I finished up. Does anyone happen to know, can I still use last year's results (points) if by chance disaster strikes and I end up doing worse this year? I don't think that will happen, ive put in a lot more work this year but im just curious to know :)

Thanks in advance if anyone can help!

Once you sit a test that result will become your new result. However if you only sit one subject then it ads onto your pervious leaving cert. eg if you repeat maths and got a B last year but got a C this year, the C becomes your new result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭loveemmaxxxx

Your right not to do a plc course i did a plc course (pre nursing) and to be honest with you it did benefit me i know its defo nursing but it looks like i cant continue further with it in ireland. im am now looking to repeat my leaving to get the points i need. i did an all right leaving 310 but not enough for what i want to do i am doing research and they recommend not to do it in a regular school do it in repeat school like bruce college or ccoc :) all the best i will also be applying to england in the mean time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

TheBoss11 wrote: »
    Once you sit a test that result will become your new result. However if you only sit one subject then it ads onto your pervious leaving cert. eg if you repeat maths and got a B last year but got a C this year, the C becomes your new result.

Nope. Both Maths grades are relevant. For example, if you were applying for a course that needed a B3 you wouldn't be rejected just because you re-sat the exam and got a lower grade. It's a bit paradoxical but whatever.

To answer Gitiana's question, yes you can still use last year's points no matter what happens this year.

Advertisement