Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prime Time Debate, Midlands - North - West. RTÉ 1 Sunday 10.40

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Cdub

Mc Guinness sharp alright, Carthy very strong and embarrassed Jim Higgins with the NI charge. Higgins of Labour is dreadful, absolutely dreadful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

what did Lorraine just do???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

And Ronan Mullen, Harry... :( It's incredibly disappointing to some of us of a humourous disposition..

They're on in the second half with Claire Byrne or Miriam.

Mullen is out the back giving a sermon.

Jim Higgins of fg " I had a very testy meeting" I'm sure they were ****ting it!!! Jesus wept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

How so?

He's making sense that's how so. He wouldn't shut up there so he lost a few points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Something quite MILFish about the mammy from the eircom broadband ad :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Matt Carty didnt know what to say when they were all talking about farming.. I think the only time the shinners will take an interest in the EU agricultural policy is if they increase the VAT on Ammonium Nitrate..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

Matt Carthy is the most impressive canditate on the show by a long way but why no Ming??

Really?? How so ??? Same old tired SF rant is all I'm hearing , can't understand how this guy or his colleagues in other constituencies are heading the opinion polls, doubt if it will translate into votes on the day ! More of a protest vote I'd say, less of a policy driven affirmation. Not impressed by any on this panel, probably won't bother voting, waste of space the lot of them ! All aboard the gravy train everyone !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Jim Higgins is feeling the heat now Mairead McGuinness is running in the same constituency, I've heard him being interviewed a few times recently and he was at pains to point out that he is old Fine Gael, that he has worked his way up through the ranks and he hasn't been parachuted it like some candidates. (A dig at McGuinness).

• Advertisement

Lapin wrote: »
    They're on in the second half with Claire Byrne or Miriam.

Mullen is out the back giving a sermon.

if only nuns, or NUI Graduates, voted...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Same tired rhetoric from all of 'em. At least I'll sleep tonight after listening to that.

Nessa on the VW ad, is that fair????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Yer man looks set for a few games of darts :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Really?? How so ??? Same old tired SF rant is all I'm hearing , can't understand how this guy or his colleagues in other constituencies are heading the opinion polls, doubt if it will translate into votes on the day ! Not impressed by any on this panel, probably won't bother voting, waste of space the lot of them ! All aboard the gravy train everyone !!!

You shouldn't be thinking like that man, use your vote even for some independents if you don't like the rest, but you have to vote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What they should have done in mixed and matched names from a hat for both groups, would have been fairer.

• Advertisement

"The past happened". Latest profound cliche from a FFer. It's up there with "We are where we are".

He is is so grassroots FF

Carthy strongest in that debate , now onto the next group..

I'm betting Ronán Mullen would have preferred if they were all sitting.. I'm kind of reminded of the time RTE news interviewed the Donegal candidates in the last election..

donegalelection.jpg

Thank God for Ming, I'll miss him from the Dail if he goes to Europe :(

• Advertisement

I'd love to see Ming in Europe.

Brussels could do with someone other than the usual supply of line towing eurocrats we send over.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 jelfs

We need someone who'll stick up for us, and NOT toe the line.

Cdub wrote: »
    Carthy strongest in that debate , now onto the next group..

Ya must be jokin 😀

I'm betting Ronán Mullen would have preferred if they were all sitting.. I'm kind of reminded of the time RTE news interviewed the Donegal candidates in the last election..

donegalelection.jpg

you missed a fada

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

There seems to be praise on the milk quotas going next year that it gives room for expanding the dairy industry in this country, I would see it as a means of flooding the EU market with too much milk that cannot be sold and will result in much lower prices for farmers here.

Thomas Byrne says we have to look forward and not back, wtf is he talking about.

Lapin wrote: »
    I'd love to see Ming in Europe.

Brussels could do with someone other than the usual supply of line towing eurocrats we send over.

They have to be voted in, in fairness, so obviously some people are happy to go along with Europe. No?

Turf.

Thomas Byrne says we have to look forward and not back, wtf is he talking about.

Don't mention the war

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

I'd like to see Ming in Europe. It would get him out of the Dáil.

• Advertisement

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Thank God for Ming, I'll miss him from the Dail if he goes to Europe :(

Hope he does go and stays there for the term, give us a break from the whinging about turf cutting !

Didnt Mullen say exactly the same thing when he was on the VB Show???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Anybody who votes for FF, FG or Labour next Friday is only voting to maintain the stinking rotten corruptness of the EU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Fair play to Mullen, making a good anti RTE bias point.

LOL...

Who is the maverick sitting down!!!

They have to be voted in, in fairness, so obviously some people are happy to go along with Europe. No?

Some, yes. But there has been very little balance.

Mullen has a point there.

It's the first time I've heard Ronan talk some sense.

For the only time in my life ever, I agree with Ronan Mullen.

• Advertisement

Mullen makes a good point about way the debate was arranged by RTE

Ming looking like somebody raided the clothes from his "rebel" closet.. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Mullen has spent most of his political career talking about social issues and gets upset now when asked about that record.

Mullen loves playing the victim, but he is correct, RTE should have drawn lots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Jaysus would that ejit ever stop talking about turf.

Anybody who votes for FF, FG or Labour next Friday is only voting to maintain the stinking rotten corruptness of the EU.

As if Ming, Mullen et al would make any difference ?

• Advertisement

There seems to be praise on the milk quotas going next year that it gives room for expanding the dairy industry in this country, I would see it as a means of flooding the EU market with too much milk that cannot be sold and will result in much lower prices for farmers here.

If that's the case, I'll have to start having two bowls of Crunchy Nut Cornflakes in the mornings. It's a burden that I'm willing to embrace for the sake of the farmers ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Who is the maverick sitting down!!!

One of our sitting MEPs?

If Mullen upped his consumption of pies and pints by a bit, he'd be a dead ringer for Brian Cowen.

As if Ming, Mullen et al would make any difference ?

It might make a difference if the rest of the European electorate vote along the same lines.

Good luck TJ

I think you'll need it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement