Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2-stroke engine, what could I learn?

• 18-05-2014 10:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭

I've a pos lawnmower with a b&s 2-stroke engine that's sat outside for a year or 2.

I was gonna dump the lot but if I butcher the engine, is it worth trying to learn anything from it? Where would I find guides to making it go again and perhaps power something like a cart?

I have zero engine knowledge apart from the basics.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

If it is a 2 stroke, its pretty rare.
    The vast majority of B&S are 4 strokes.
    If you tear it down you might gain some knowledge as they are pretty simple engines.
    Worth doing just for the experience gained.
    They are mostly sidevalve engines not many OHV in their lineup until they are bigger engines.
    Most manuals are available from their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I did some fettling on a KX125 last year. It was my first time going any lower than the rocker covers or general servicing. It has given me enough confidence to buy a Haynes and strip the top off my Mille. I say if you can spare the cash, give it a go.

Advertisement