Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HB1 Visa question

Options
  • 19-05-2014 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Just wonder if people who are working in America on the HB1 visa asked there company for a transfer or did you apply for a position that was posted. Girlfriend and myself would love to live in America in the future (living in canada atm). I am an electrician so there is no way I can get in but she is an accountant for a big 4 firm and we were wondering could she get in that way somehow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

If she'd transfer it would most likely be a L1 visa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

For you to get in her coat tails you'd need to be married as well

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

For you to get in her coat tails you'd need to be married as well

You don't need to be married. My partner is here on an O1 and I have a B2 for cohabiting partners. It can be extended for as long as he is here but needs to be renewed every 6 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    You don't need to be married. My partner is here on an O1 and I have a B2 for cohabiting partners. It can be extended for as long as he is here but needs to be renewed every 6 months.

I should have been more specific...if he wants to work here while on the l visa, they'd have to be married. It is also changing for spouses of h1b visa so they can work too

Advertisement