Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 4 Episode 7 "Mockingbird": *HAVE NOT* read the books

• 19-05-2014 2:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭

Wow, now that was a GREAT episode

How did you rate this episode? 270 votes

0% 0 votes
    13% 36 votes
    29% 79 votes
    33% 90 votes
    15% 41 votes
    4% 13 votes
    2% 8 votes
    0% 1 vote
    0% 2 votes
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Arya killing that guy, Bron refusing to stand for Tyrion, Oberyn stepping in and Baylish, the look on her face, "I have only ever loved 1 woman in my entire life" She smiles "Your sister!!!!" then lobs her down the hole

Next week is going to be brutal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Now yer learning.

Pushtastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

Two weeks is too long to wait till the next one :(

Great episode, they seemed to touch on most of the storylines without it being too disjointed. Although I felt the Nightswatch scene could have been omitted. As many people had predicted it'll be the Mountain vs. Oberyn. That'll be a good fight. Thor Bjornsson is such a colossus of a man, great small scene of him just ripping bodies apart. Have to say I am starting to like the new Dario. He is noway near as ponsey as the last guy. Much more wit and subtle charm. The minute that the Moondoor was opened I knew someone was flying out it, glad it was the crazy woman. Brave move from Littlefinger though, he seems to have no fear. It seems like Arya and Sansa are getting really close to eachother now. I wonder what event is going to prevent another Stark union?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

any one PM me a link, i've no work till tomorrow night , but cant seem to find one ?

2smiggy wrote: »
    any one PM me a link, i've no work till tomorrow night , but cant seem to find one ?

touch early for links, maybe a few hours

Also, if you've not yet watched it why come into this thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

scudzilla wrote: »
    touch early for links, maybe a few hours

Also, if you've not yet watched it why come into this thread?

bit drunk, and would love to see the episode :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Oberyn's monologue was the highlight for me. Great episode, disappointed we didn't see the fight though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

scudzilla wrote: »
    Arya killing that guy, Bron refusing to stand for Tyrion, Oberyn stepping in and Baylish, the look on her face, "I have only ever loved 1 woman in my entire life" She smiles "Your sister!!!!" then lobs her down the hole

Next week is going to be brutal

2 weeks until the next one :(

And only 3 episodes left, feels like this season only started.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Was a good enough episode but like everyone was hoping to see the trial by combat..two weeks will be agony. Not as much agony as Jorah is in though! Felt bad for him, cop him a feel at least Daenerys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Cracking episode.
    Balish is a very daring and courageous in his masterful plan. Hope himself and Sansa put some manners in that little child!!
    Quality scenes with tyrion in the dungeon as well.
    Gutted to hear we have to wait 2 weeks for the next episode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

The hound letting his guard down seemed a but forced to me.

Wondering the repercussions for little finger now .......

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the mountain wins, nostalgic, heartwarming battle endings isn't GOT's style

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

2 weeks to wait grrrrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The hound letting his guard down seemed a but forced to me.

Wondering the repercussions for little finger now .......

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the mountain wins, nostalgic, heartwarming battle endings isn't GOT's style

Little Finger will be ok hes in charge now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

So it turns out the "prediction" of the mountain vs oberyn was true.

My only complaint of this whole show is how it jumps around too much. The scene with the red woman could have been in another episode where it could have been more relevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Grimebox wrote: »

My only complaint of this whole show is how it jumps around too much. The scene with the red woman could have been in another episode where it could have been more relevant.

Still, will Stannis burn his own daughter? He had serious doubts about burning Gendry- he pretty much let Davos save him last season.. Plus- no way Davos would let him. Also, did The Red Woman (can't remember her name, Melesandy or something) just admit that most of her "magic" are potion tricks?

Was surprisingly heartbreaking listening to The Hound talk of his childhood and being more alone than Ayra..

Oberyn is quickly becoming my fav character! His story of meeting Tyrion as a child was potent- Cercesi still wants him dead and Jamie is still trying to save him.

The mountain is a BEASHT..

I hope Robin gets thrown out like his wacko of a mother - was badass to see Littlefinger comfort her then go "Your sister". Kinda felt it coming but stil- woo ha

Great episode - shame they didn't show Daenerys sex scene though:D:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Good episode for some reason i didn't see that push coming at the end, was completely in shock at it, as expected the mountain is back and he is a monster.

mightyreds wrote: »
    Good episode for some reason i didn't see that push coming at the end, was completely in shock at it, as expected the mountain is back and he is a monster.

I had opened this thread literally seconds before it happened and read this at a glance.
    tricky D wrote: »
    Now yer learning.

Pushtastic.

Oops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭thefa

I don't think they will have Oberyn lose which I assume would also doom Tyrion. The Oberyn revenge plot seems to be just kicking into gear and Tyrion has been such a major character with the politics of King's Landing. There is no immediate replacement for them. The mountain is a one-dimensional character and he's absence wouldn't be missed.

GOT has killed off some big characters but the deaths were usually catalysts (or part of) for major events or ending plots that were starting to go nowhere.

Grimebox wrote: »
    It was on the Season 4 trailer as well as the list of episode titles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Wasn't the mountain a different actor in the earlier seasons?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Standman wrote: »
    Wasn't the mountain a different actor in the earlier seasons?

Ya, it's the 3rd actor to play him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

2smiggy wrote: »
    anyone PM any links, will be at work by the time its on tonight, so would not mind seeing it before tomorrow

Streaming/download links not allowed. Ask again and you'll be banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭fluke

Mr E wrote: »
    Streaming/download links not allowed. Ask again and you'll be banned.

Game of Pwnes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Highlight of the Episode for me.Great scene

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

friendzonedsohardy5unp.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

All the interactions with Tyrion were excellent. The Oberyn vs Mountain battle was well telegraphed on here, i wonder if it was non book readers reading spoilers, but the plot development & dialogue to get there was still gripping. Oberyn is going to make short work of the Mountain imo although I do think the Mountain taunting him could force a rush of blood to the head.

The rest was filler by comparison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Dempsey wrote: »
    All the interactions with Tyrion were excellent. The Oberyn vs Mountain battle was well telegraphed on here, i wonder if it was non book readers reading spoilers,

It was in the season trailer.

Blay wrote: »
    It was in the season trailer.

I avoided trailers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Really enjoyed that. The Tyrion/Oberyn bit was just brilliant, even though I knew it was coming. When he said he'd be the champion, it was a real punch the air moment. Love the character; just oozes coolness.

The ending was good, though Sansa annoys me so not hugely invested in the story. Did like the slap to the kid though.

Arya/Hound is a brilliant combo imo, and I love seeing their character development. I feel like they are a good base for the Stark Army that has to be built.

And the bits across the sea and at the Wall were kept to a minimum. Great!

Loved it :)

Line of the episode was Oberyn: (paraphrased) "I never thought I'd see it; a Lannister who wants to kill Lannisters nearly as much as I do".

I think I'm going to avoid this forum from now on. The impact of this episode was lost on me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

friendzonedsohardy5unp.gif

The ultimate in friendzoned having to give advice to the girl about her bad boy boyfriend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Dempsey wrote: »
    I avoided trailers

I think most non readers did likewise, you're better off anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

The ultimate in friendzoned having to give advice to the girl about her bad boy boyfriend.

The way Jorah puffed his chest and smirked his face like he did something special when she sent him off with his consolation prize was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Thought it was a so so episode,really disappointed that we have to wait a fortnight for the trial by combat.Think it was pretty much telegraphed from the evolving storyline that it would be Mountain and Oberyn,no spoilers required.
    Do not Jorah Mormont will ever break out of the dreaded friend zone,gotta be killing him.
    Bored by the whole Brienne/Podrick storyline.
    Anybody care to speculate on why the Red woman needs Stannis's disfigured daughter to accompany her when she sets sail?
    Littlefinger's scene at the finale was just spectacular,he gets better all the time....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

wprathead wrote: »
    Still, will Stannis burn his own daughter? He had serious doubts about burning Gendry- he pretty much let Davos save him last season.. Plus- no way Davos would let him. Also, did The Red Woman (can't remember her name, Melesandy or something) just admit that most of her "magic" are potion tricks?

Was surprisingly heartbreaking listening to The Hound talk of his childhood and being more alone than Ayra..

Oberyn is quickly becoming my fav character! His story of meeting Tyrion as a child was potent- Cercesi still wants him dead and Jamie is still trying to save him.

I hope Robin gets thrown out like his wacko of a mother - was badass to see Littlefinger comfort her then go "Your sister". Kinda felt it coming but stil- woo ha

Yeah Melissandre did let her guard down and admit she's a bit of a con artist.:)
    So Stannis's daughter is going to be made a sacrifice to the Lord of Light as a heretic?

seligehgit wrote: »
    Thought it was a so so episode,really disappointed that we have to wait a fortnight for the trial by combat.Think it was pretty much telegraphed from the evolving storyline that it would be Mountain and Oberyn,no spoilers required.
    Do not Jorah Mormont will ever break out of the dreaded friend zone,gotta be killing him.
    Bored by the whole Brienne/Podrick storyline.
    Anybody care to speculate on why the Red woman needs Stannis's disfigured daughter to accompany her when she sets sail?
    Littlefinger's scene at the finale was just spectacular,he gets better all the time....

Anybody care to speculate anything about the red woman? There are some character's in this show that aren't explained properly given their seeming importance imo

• Advertisement

seligehgit wrote: »
    Yeah Melissandre did let her guard down and admit she's a bit of a con artist.:)
    So Stannis's daughter is going to be made a sacrifice to the Lord of Light as a heretic?

I think it was a confidence trick considering the Shadow Assassin she had!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

the red woman must have some powers did she not give birth to some dark creature in a cave?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

A great episode, this series is a cracker - loving every second of it... its so different to any other TV series its just impossible to compare it to anything. Nice to see a bit of vulnerability from the hound - a very complex character who apart from Tyrion is my favorite in the show.

Its all coming together nicely for the rest of the season, Jon Snow defending the wall seemingly on his own, the battle to save Tyrion, Littlefinger being the ultimate little fecker, The mad nudy wan in red and he crazy antics, the hound/Arya...among lots of other plots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

wprathead wrote: »

Sorry to be a total perv here, but Emilia Clarke has said she will be doing no more nude scenes, which filled me with great sadness :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

kryogen wrote: »
    Sorry to be a total perv here, but Emilia Clarke has said she will be doing no more nude scenes, which filled me with great sadness :(
    They should get rid of her and get a new actress who will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

I've never read the books.

However, dragons & magic aside, this show has really matured into a properly great drama in its own right.

Every episode of S4 thus far has been excellent.

i see 3 trolls have voted in the poll :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭strawdog

Hmm really enjoyed the last episode but found this one a little bit plodding. Every plot moment seemed really telegraphed. Ok the champion moment was always coming, but the trampling of the snowcastle/slap/kiss/push arc felt like writers going through the motions, Daenerys' love triangle was soap opera stuff, at the wall another meeting for some easy plot exposition.

I know they're all things that need to happen to further the story, just thought they didn't put as much effort as usual in to making them happen in an interesting way, Oberyn's speech being the exception

Having said all that I do think it was a case of taking a breather and setting up the final 3 episodes, but found myself a bit bored watching for the first time all season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

thefa wrote: »
    I don't think they will have Oberyn lose which I assume would also doom Tyrion.

I said basically the same about Ned in Season 1. Never thought he'd be killed off so nothing would surprise me regarding Tyrion. Also when the Hound was up against Beric, in the trial by combat, I expected Beric to win based on how the story progressed but he didn't. Aso, surely we're going to see The Hound vs The Mountain??!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I must say that scene in the dungeon between Oberyn and Tyrion was one of my highlights of the entire history of the show. Was goose-bump inducing watching the emotion in both the men, and as someone mentioned before I was fist-pumping when Oberyn revealed he'll be his champion (although I saw it coming anyway).

Also thought the scene with Bronn was well done as well.
    Tyrion (paraphrasing):"It looks like I'll have to kill the Mountain myself. It shall make quite a song". Bronn: "I look forward to hearing them singing it".
    *wipes away tear*

Oh and that Robyn chap has definitely taken the mantle as the most annoying character on the show

I think this will mean that The Hound and Arya will divert their course now that he can't get his ransom. Maybe head to Braavos?

Just thinking also, if Tyrion did die and Littlefinger married Sansa, would that make him King of the North and the place he is new (The Eyrie is it?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Oberyn is only finding his feet in the show. I think he'd be a great loss if the Mountain kills him, and yet... I can't see him winning.
    I'd still feel that the Hound would need to "re-unite" with his brother.

Aiden Gillen is great, really like him. That said, how many different voices did he have in this episode alone? Ridiculous!

Not doing anything speculative here, but doesn't Podric look like a plump Gendry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Degag wrote: »
    I think this will mean that The Hound and Arya will divert their course now that he can't get his ransom. Maybe head to Braavos?

Just thinking also, if Tyrion did die and Littlefinger married Sansa, would that make him King of the North and the place he is new (The Eyrie is it?)

How will they find out though? I assume they will continue to the destination unless someone tells them that Littlefinger is now in command there, and even then if they are told Sansa is there surely Arya will want to go anyway?

To the second part, yeah I think so, not sure what the story is with the Boltons in that regard though, Roose to be precise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

This episode had one of the first "Ah here..." moments in all of GoT for me - the scene with The Hound and Arya versus the bounty hunters.

The bounty hunters would have been searching for days/weeks to track down The Hound. Then they have an opportunity to sneak attack when he's off guard, kneeling on the ground and blind sided, and one of them just jumps up on him and just bites his neck?!

Then, after saying the other guy is on her death list, Arya has all the time in the world to draw her sword and stab him in the heart while he just lets her. He doesn't move an inch and doesn't try to defend himself at all with his already drawn sword.

Really hope there aren't more lazily unrealistic scenes like that.

kryogen wrote: »
    How will they find out though? I assume they will continue to the destination unless someone tells them that Littlefinger is now in command there, and even then if they are told Sansa is there surely Arya will want to go anyway?

To the second part, yeah I think so, not sure what the story is with the Boltons in that regard though, Roose to be precise

Well, they found out about Joffrey in their travels in this episode so news seems to travel fairly quick.

• Advertisement
Advertisement