Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property price register - how long does it take for a property to go up?

Options
  • 19-05-2014 6:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I've been looking to buy a house for the last 6 months and have been saving a lot of houses that I am interested in on Daft and myhome which have been subsequently, and very quickly (2-3 weeks), sold - or "Gone" as daft put it. Many of these have been "gone" or sale agreed since February or March and are still not on the property price register. I don't have a clue what they have been sold for which means that I don't know if other houses in the area I'm interested in are worth above or below what they listed at. I have spoken to estate agents about them and they say they are gone but can't release figures.
    So how long does it take for sold properties to go up on the PPR and if they haven't gone on the register, were they simply pulled from the market?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

It all depends on when the solicitor files the paperwork, and whether its in order. The Property Price Register is updated a few times each month- and can feature properties sold as little as 2-3 weeks previously, but it depends entirely on the solicitors involved, being efficient and accurate with the paperwork........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

The Register is compiled from data which is declared, for stamp duty
    purposes, to the Revenue Commissioners. The declaration is primarily filed
    electronically by persons doing the conveyancing of the property on behalf
    of the purchaser.

Until such time as a stamp duty declaration is made to Revenue
    Commissioners the details of a transaction will not appear on the Register.
    The Register is updated weekly (generally on Wednesday) and would include
    all stamp duty declaration up to the previous Friday.

That's the response I got over email when I asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭surpy

"Sold" on daft doesn't mean anything
    property will appear within a few weeks of closing usually

closing could be months after removal from the market

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

Sometimes a sold house can appear on the register as the date when the closing date occurred, that would be the fastest possible. All down to how quick the solicitors are.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭I_p_freely

Thanks for the replies. I just saw one house that I was looking at was on sale for 250K and has just now been put on the PPR - it was sold for 284k. I need to re-adjust my expectations or hope for another property crash very soon...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

I was bidding on a house that escalated into a bidding war.

The other bidder was an alleged cash buyer that was going to knock the house for a new build.

The house went sale agreed over three months ago, its still not on the PPR and theres no planning application in for it.

Does this sound strange?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

3 months is a bit long alright, but if the seller is in negative equity, it can take that long to come to an agreement with the bank, so nobody is going to sign any contracts until they know the bank will let the sale go through.

There won't be any appearance on the PPR until the house is sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭jellybeans

murph226 wrote: »
    I was bidding on a house that escalated into a bidding war.

The other bidder was an alleged cash buyer that was going to knock the house for a new build.

The house went sale agreed over three months ago, its still not on the PPR and theres no planning application in for it.

Does this sound strange?

Hi in a similar situation here, just wondering what happened with the house in the ned? did it go back on the market?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

jellybeans wrote: »
    Hi in a similar situation here, just wondering what happened with the house in the ned? did it go back on the market?

Hi, I'm not sure what the hold up was in the end but it sold, levelled and a new house was built there.

Advertisement