Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plantain seeds: any advice on how to use them?

• 19-05-2014 7:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭

I hope you can help me.
    My cat is having a problem of constipation. We had some bad days lately and had to run to the vets three times in two days, once during the night!
    Well, eventually the cat did defecate, but now she's been prescripted with Sand Plantain powder which I find only with some flavours added (lemon, peppermint, orange) that are not so favourite to cats.
    So I bought Plantain seeds, but nobody can tell me the quantity needed to help my cat.
    With the powder the correct dose was a teaspoon a day in the wet food.
    How many seeds to I have to add in the bowl? A friend of mine said she used to add 15 to 20 seeds per day.
    Do I have to add them dry or do I have to lay them in a cup with some water and add the gel they become to the food?
    Thanks!

Advertisement