Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying house near Castletown Woods

Options
  • 19-05-2014 7:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

My wife and I have found a potentially amazing house just inside castletown woods. You access it from the end of the avenue in castletown estate. Its an old house which needs refurbishment but it could be amazing, has huge secluded gardens and is cheap for the size of the place.

I have lived in St. Raphaels Manor for a couple of years which is nice enough. Not much spent much time in castletown estate.

At first I thought the woods seemed great as an amenity for walks etc. but have been hearing some bad things about what goes on at night. Then I read some story about a cop car being burned out in the estate, the place started seeming a bit scary. I have a very young family so feeling secure is very important.

I've been looking on boards but the posts seem a few years old.

Can anyone who lives near the woods shed some light on how bad it actually is? Is it incessant noise or just once in a while? Are the drinkers dangerous or just having a few beers? Is there actually more crime near the wooded areas?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Lovely houses along by the woods but I would have some reservations about buying.

There were a load of cars burnt out there about two years ago now.. I have not heard of any in the recent past. I think it was teenagers hanging out in the woods at night that got the blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

That house is up for auction, personally I think it will go up to about the €600k mark.

The woods are relatively fine, that house is secluded and wouldn't have young people drinking in that area, they would usually be further into the forest or out at the back lawn of the main house itself. It wouldn't really be a concern for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I saw that house on Daft a few weeks back, it looks seriously cool but very under priced. When is it going to auction?

Advertisement