Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you start?

Options
  • 19-05-2014 8:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

So , I am not really a tech head but want/need to replace my phone.
    Have had samsung "builders phone" for last 3 years.Its been ok but nothing special.
    Can you even get a non smart phone these days or should you even be
    considering one at all?
    Which smart phone would be the toughest for bouncing about in a lorry cab?

Finallly , if you re only going to be making/taking calls is there any point in going smart?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

It depends to be honest on how long you can go between charges or do you have a converter in the lorry?

Most phones nowadays will take a fair amount of abuse and would be well able to take the stress of being bounced around in a cab (my father in law will usually lob his phone on the back bunker in the cab and has the hands free option through the radio via Bluetooth for calls).

I would suggest that even though you might never use the data connection, have a look at what phones are out there within your budget, you don't have to go for a bells and whistles iphone, €50 will get you the Nokia Lumia 520 in Carphone Warehouse which is a little hum dinger of a phone. If you turn off the data connection, you'll get a weeks use out of it handy enough.

Advertisement