Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two debit cards linked to the same current account?

Options
  • 19-05-2014 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Currently, both my partner and me are working but the current account I own is under my name only - so we just have one debit card under my name. Would it possible to have the current account under both names, my partner and me, as well as have two debit cards for each of us linked to the same current account? - if so, which documentations do we need to do it?

Best regards.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Hi Jreyeshdez,

You can certainly open a joint current account with a BOI branch; to do this both parties will need to bring:

-        Photo ID such as passport or drivers license

-        Proof of address such as Utility bill or Tax cert dated in the last 3 months.

Also you will need to make an appointment before you go to the branch; here is a link to a list of our branches. Please copy and paste into your address bar for more information.

http://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/help-centre/branch-locator/

I hope this helps, thanks for the post.

Janette

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jreyeshdez

Hi Janette,

Many thanks for your answer.

If I open a joint current account, will I keep the same account number or will I have a new one?

I ask this because I would not like to have a new account number as we would not like to say to our companies they have to pay us into a new account.

Isn't it possible to just get a second debit card under my parnter's name?

Likewise, both of us are working and I am afraid we finish working around 6:00pm and all BOI branches close earlier.

Is there any branch opened on Saturdays?

Kind regards,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Hi Jreyeshdez,

Unfortunately we no longer can add a second name to a sole account to make it a joint account.

As we only issue one card per person on an account, you would need to open a joint account; which would be a new account number to facilitate two cards on the account.

Advisors are available for appointments in some branches on Saturdays from 10am – 1pm. 

(Drogheda, Dundalk, Navan, Bray, Camden St, Ranelagh and Stillorgan.)

Thanks for the post.

[font=Calibri", "sans-serif]Janette[/font]

Advertisement