Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oven Proof Plate

Options
  • 19-05-2014 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I'm looking for an oven proof plate to make an apple tart.

Is there a special type of plate I need that can keep in the oven that long or will a normal oven proof dinner plate work?
    Can't seem get a proper one anywhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Anno2 wrote: »
    I'm looking for an oven proof plate to make an apple tart.

Is there a special type of plate I need that can keep in the oven that long or will a normal oven proof dinner plate work?
    Can't seem get a proper one anywhere.
    I always see Apple tarts on deepish dinner plates, doesn't seem to hurt them judging by their age!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

A normal plate will work.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I always make my apple tarts on normal dinner plates but if you don't want to do that you can get Pyrex glass plates in Homestore & More, Dunnes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Anno2

Perfect thanks, will have a look for a pyrex plate and if I can't find one I might just chance a normal dinner plate and hope it doesn't crack! Thanks again

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I've never had a cracked dinner plate in years of using them - but if yours are expensive ones you might not want to risk it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I got these kind of thin enamel tin plates in my local pound shop that I always use for apple tart. They are very slightly more deep than a normal plate.

Advertisement