Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oven/Hob connection

Options
  • 19-05-2014 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Look for a little help please.

I currently have a single socket connected to a the cooker circuit in the kitchen. This socket was powering a gas cooker for the ignition source.

I am planning on getting an electric double oven and a gas hob, however as I only have the one socket from the cooker circuit I am unsure what is the best option. Should I run a spur (from a different circuit) and place the hob on it, then use the original cooker socket for the double oven or does the gas hob need to be placed on a cooker circuit?

Am I correct in thinking that I cannot swap the single socket for a double on the cooker circuit?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

You need to get a registered electrician to install the oven. It's not a DIY job from your description.

Your idea of just running a spur from another circuit would not be suitable for an oven.

The gas hob will also need to be safely installed, again not a DIY job.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭adrian92

Sound like, if I understand you correctly, that what is required is a new separate circuit from distribution board (bigger cable, bigger everything!). I advise you do not do this (in order to avoid bad things happening) without direct qualified guidance - preferable get an electrician

Advertisement