Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice New Boiler Needed

• 19-05-2014 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi,

First post so hope I can get some advice.

My 9 year old Baxi boiler is snookered. After getting multiple parts replaced to no avail I need to get a new one.

House has 7 rads,mid terrace,hard water area.

Any recommendations for a good boiler at a low enough price range. Can't afford the Bosch Boiler at 2grand.
    Have been offered an ariston he 12kw boiler at 400euro but am told its not suitable for this house as Baxi was 16kw.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

piafe wrote: »
    Hi,

First post so hope I can get some advice.

My 9 year old Baxi boiler is snookered. After getting multiple parts replaced to no avail I need to get a new one.

House has 7 rads,mid terrace,hard water area.

Any recommendations for a good boiler at a low enough price range. Can't afford the Bosch Boiler at 2grand.
    Have been offered an ariston he 12kw boiler at 400euro but am told its not suitable for this house as Baxi was 16kw.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Bosch won't cost 2 grand for the boiler ! , around 900 inc vat for a 20ri . Boiler supplied and fitted including powerflush would be in the region of 1800 give or take , depending on the job . Where are you located , maybe one of the lads here can look at it for you.
    Out of curiosity what baxi have you got at the moment and what's wrong / been done to it already?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 piafe

Egass13 wrote: »
    Bosch won't cost 2 grand for the boiler ! , around 900 inc vat for a 20ri . Boiler supplied and fitted including powerflush would be in the region of 1800 give or take , depending on the job . Where are you located , maybe one of the lads here can look at it for you.
    Out of curiosity what baxi have you got at the moment and what's wrong / been done to it already?

Hi,thanks for reply.
    Bosch quote at 2200 including power flush and labour.Quote knocked 200 off though to €2000 as plumber replaced parts and still not working.

located in North Dublin.Baxi model is 35/60?
    Not sure exactly what was replaced but about 7 parts altogether. Plumber replaced switch pump? initially but no joy. It was firing up and then light going out.

Have no heating the last 5months so am eager to get it sorted before September and colder nights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭jimf

I would be getting a second opinion before I spent 2000 eu

few good lads on here will be more than willing to help you out

• Registered Users Posts: 47 piafe

jimf wrote: »
    I would be getting a second opinion before I spent 2000 eu

few good lads on here will be more than willing to help you out

Thanks jimf,

I'll do that so,clueless about this stuff so advice is appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭richieburke01

+1 above
    Second option

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭jimf

Thanks jimf,

I'll do that so,clueless about this stuff so advice is appreciated.

don't do gas myself only oil

but all this parts changing would have to ring a few bells imho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

Hi,thanks for reply.
    Bosch quote at 2200 including power flush and labour.Quote knocked 200 off though to €2000 as plumber replaced parts and still not working.

located in North Dublin.Baxi model is 35/60?
    Not sure exactly what was replaced but about 7 parts altogether. Plumber replaced switch pump? initially but no joy. It was firing up and then light going out.

Have no heating the last 5months so am eager to get it sorted before September and colder nights.

As in firing up and then locking out ? Are you getting a flashing led above the 30 ? 35/60 is a good boiler and should not be getting changed this early . 7 parts being changed is ridiculous . Sounds like your plumber Dsnt know what he is at if I'm honest . My advice would be get somebody Competant to look at it , could be an easy fix for the right man . Shouldn't be forking out for a new boiler at this stage

Advertisement