Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband / Robertstown / Allenwood / Kilmeage

Options
  • 19-05-2014 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi all,

So sick of having rubbish broadband - we only get 1.6mbs - Eircom told us our line can only take upto 1.9mbs!! Usually spend most of time on 3g as faster!

Last week I see 3 eircom vans outside our estate beside telephone exchange and they said they were installing efibre! Would be another 2 months before up and running. Woo hoo

So I get onto Cust services today.........and they no nothing about it at all. No plans for efibre in our area.

What's going on!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Most of the time one part of eircom doesn't know what the other is doing.

I'm moving to robertstown this summer and plannig on seeing if I can just get a mast and use 3G. 5Mb DSL, which is not all that much better then yours :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

sc9736 wrote: »
    What's going on!!!

eircom retail generally don't know about the availability of eFibre until it has been signed off by the contractors installing it. They have a map which does show plans for Allenwood (and spots of surrounding areas like Kilmeage). Most are scheduled for August (2014), but that might vary a bit.

Keep an eye two things:
    1) The installation of new green "street cabinets" (see this post for help identifying them
    2) The eircom eFibre map (above) for when Allenwood/Kilmeage/etc. go green. They are currently just patches of blue (Aug '14), but those patches may well extend when they go green (depending on the actual rollout).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭nilhg

http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/

Click on NGA Fibre Broadband Network, than click on the all checkbox, that'll give you the location of the various cabinets.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Most of the time one part of eircom doesn't know what the other is doing.

I'm moving to robertstown this summer and plannig on seeing if I can just get a mast and use 3G. 5Mb DSL, which is not all that much better then yours :-/
    Hi we are moving to Robertstown too during summer.

Our friend who used to work for Eircom said that the e fiber should be available soon (I.e. by next summer)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mSe265

Hello, we are thinking of moving to Kilmeague and were wondering if there was any update on the broadband/fibre? The eircom map says the cabinet is live, but does availability depend on the particular house?

• Advertisement
Advertisement