Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House move has turned into a bit of a fiasco

Options
  • 19-05-2014 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I called 3 weeks before I was due to move home and was told that as it was a new estate, an engineer needed to be sent out and that would be done within 10 days and to call on the day of the move to have my broadband and landline turned off at my old address. This call was made mid-April.

I called the day of the move (beginning of May) and there was no record of the order for an engineer to be sent out so it was another week post move before the engineer came out (with no prior notice - luckily there was someone able to let him into the house).

I heard nothing more until I got a text early last week saying eircom would be calling me shortly for direct debit details in order to process my order. No phone call arrived so I called them the next day, gave the bank details and was told the phone line would be active by the 20th May.

So I thought I was fine until I had a voicemail on Friday evening from the engineer who apologised for not getting back to me but explained there was no cable run into the new estate so that would have to be done before the phone line could be installed.

As it now stands I have no idea when or if I am getting my phoneline connected. Is the date of the 20th accurate or am I going to be waiting for work to be done?

I can't access my bills online as the myeircom site is telling me my account has ceased. I also haven't received the contract details in the post which I was told was being sent on the 2nd May.

Can someone please let me know what is happening with the order?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

ash23 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I called 3 weeks before I was due to move home and was told that as it was a new estate, an engineer needed to be sent out and that would be done within 10 days and to call on the day of the move to have my broadband and landline turned off at my old address. This call was made mid-April.

I called the day of the move (beginning of May) and there was no record of the order for an engineer to be sent out so it was another week post move before the engineer came out (with no prior notice - luckily there was someone able to let him into the house).

I heard nothing more until I got a text early last week saying eircom would be calling me shortly for direct debit details in order to process my order. No phone call arrived so I called them the next day, gave the bank details and was told the phone line would be active by the 20th May.

So I thought I was fine until I had a voicemail on Friday evening from the engineer who apologised for not getting back to me but explained there was no cable run into the new estate so that would have to be done before the phone line could be installed.

As it now stands I have no idea when or if I am getting my phoneline connected. Is the date of the 20th accurate or am I going to be waiting for work to be done?

I can't access my bills online as the myeircom site is telling me my account has ceased. I also haven't received the contract details in the post which I was told was being sent on the 2nd May.

Can someone please let me know what is happening with the order?
    Thanks
    Hi ash23

I'm sorry to hear of the recent issues, do please feel free to PM me your existing account details and new order number. I will look in to this for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Any update on this? Still nothing from eircom in terms of when I can expect my phone to be connected. I just want a timeframe so I can decide if I need to sort out a mobile dongle for internet.

We're in the house since May 2nd and I had called to arrange the move in early/mid April to try and avoid this kind of delay.

Thanks

Any update on this? Still nothing from eircom in terms of when I can expect my phone to be connected. I just want a timeframe so I can decide if I need to sort out a mobile dongle for internet.

We're in the house since May 2nd and I had called to arrange the move in early/mid April to try and avoid this kind of delay.

Thanks
    Hi ash23

I am awaiting clarification an d more information on the current status of the installation order for your new address. As soon as I have further information I will let you know right away.

Thanks
    Al

Great, thanks

Great, thanks
    No worries ash23 - as soon as I have more information I'll let you know

Al

• Advertisement

Can I get an update on this please? We had an emergency situation in the house over the weekend and no phone. I need to know when this line is going to be available as I'll need to make other arrangements if not.

Thanks.

Didn't get any response from anyone here so called up the call centre the week before last. Passed from department to department to try and get an answer and was told eventually that something needs to be connected and there's no time frame available.

Had the engineer not called me and left a message, I'd be none the wiser as nobody from the moving house team called me to let me know there was an issue with the order. I was told I'd hear from someone with a date to install but nothing yet although my neighbour has told me that they have been given a definite date of 30th June by Vodafone who got that date from Eircom.

Can anyone give me any idea of when I can expect to have a phone line?

I have been very happy with eircom until now but am finding this is a total disaster. I understand that there is a delay but it's the lack of communication from eircom and the crossed wires that is actually getting on my nerves at this stage.

I have my mobile, my home phone and my broadband with eircom and was also holding off for evision also.....but being honest I'm getting pretty reluctant to deal with them if this is the way things are.

Considering I put in a call back in April and now we're two months later, one order lost, one order placed and a definite date given for installation and then complete silence from eircom other than to look for my bank details......not impressed at all.
    :(

Didn't get any response from anyone here so called up the call centre the week before last. Passed from department to department to try and get an answer and was told eventually that something needs to be connected and there's no time frame available.

Had the engineer not called me and left a message, I'd be none the wiser as nobody from the moving house team called me to let me know there was an issue with the order. I was told I'd hear from someone with a date to install but nothing yet although my neighbour has told me that they have been given a definite date of 30th June by Vodafone who got that date from Eircom.

Can anyone give me any idea of when I can expect to have a phone line?

I have been very happy with eircom until now but am finding this is a total disaster. I understand that there is a delay but it's the lack of communication from eircom and the crossed wires that is actually getting on my nerves at this stage.

I have my mobile, my home phone and my broadband with eircom and was also holding off for evision also.....but being honest I'm getting pretty reluctant to deal with them if this is the way things are.

Considering I put in a call back in April and now we're two months later, one order lost, one order placed and a definite date given for installation and then complete silence from eircom other than to look for my bank details......not impressed at all.
    :(

Hi ash23

When ducting or new poles are required the installation of a line can take much longer then the average ten working days and can actually run in to a couple of months unfortunately. I understand the lack of communication does not help so I will look in  to this for an update and get back as soon as I have anything.

Thanks

Al
    l

I saw some work being done in the estate late last week by eircom. Could I get an update as to whether there's been any progress?

Thanks

OK so finally after many many months, I have a phone line.
    No forewarning or calls or updates by the way. Just a call from a guy who was at my house to install my line. Shoddy enough that after waiting over 3 months a time couldn't even be scheduled.

Anyway, nice man set up my phone line and I have my old number. However he also had another number to install at my address and advised me to cancel it. And also to call and set up the broadband.

Now, I had already requested efibre broadband back on July 15th and was told it would be available after 31/7/14 and that I'd get a call to update me on the progress. No call and it's now August 19th.

Tried an online webchat with an advisor explaining I need to cancel the extra number that I've been given and I need to get my broadband sorted which I'd ordered on 15 July. His respose was " So it can take upto 5 working days for an order to process and when its done processing you should get the email conformation with your sales order number on it"

I replied "
    I placed the order on the 15th July. I have another phone number that the eircom employee had and he advised me I need to cancel it and just call to activate the broadband as the original moving house request was placed back in April"

And was met with "
    "Ok I have checked and the previous account was closed and this order is yet to process, I am aware of what you are looking to do and given you updates on these matters " which I thought was pretty rude seeing as he actually hadn't cancelled the extra number and hadn't really told me whether my broadband was on the way or not.

I'm actually pretty sick to the back teeth of all this now. I get that it took time as the infrastructure needed to be sorted but I finally have a phone. And not one phoneline. Two! Which I assume will mean two bills. I have no account number and no sales order despite just looking to move from one house to another. My old account has been cancelled and I have ordered broadband and efibre plus a house move and when I call I get moved from department to department because nobody seems to know what the situation actually is.

Can someone PLEASE tell me if my efibre broadband order actually exists and if I can expect to have it within the foreseeable future? If not can I just get normal broadband sorted?

I'm seriously annoyed at this stage with the absolute lack of communication and how nobody seems to know what to actually do about the order.

• Advertisement

OK so finally after many many months, I have a phone line.
    No forewarning or calls or updates by the way. Just a call from a guy who was at my house to install my line. Shoddy enough that after waiting over 3 months a time couldn't even be scheduled.

Anyway, nice man set up my phone line and I have my old number. However he also had another number to install at my address and advised me to cancel it. And also to call and set up the broadband.

Now, I had already requested efibre broadband back on July 15th and was told it would be available after 31/7/14 and that I'd get a call to update me on the progress. No call and it's now August 19th.

Tried an online webchat with an advisor explaining I need to cancel the extra number that I've been given and I need to get my broadband sorted which I'd ordered on 15 July. His respose was " So it can take upto 5 working days for an order to process and when its done processing you should get the email conformation with your sales order number on it"

I replied "
    I placed the order on the 15th July. I have another phone number that the eircom employee had and he advised me I need to cancel it and just call to activate the broadband as the original moving house request was placed back in April"

And was met with "
    "Ok I have checked and the previous account was closed and this order is yet to process, I am aware of what you are looking to do and given you updates on these matters " which I thought was pretty rude seeing as he actually hadn't cancelled the extra number and hadn't really told me whether my broadband was on the way or not.

I'm actually pretty sick to the back teeth of all this now. I get that it took time as the infrastructure needed to be sorted but I finally have a phone. And not one phoneline. Two! Which I assume will mean two bills. I have no account number and no sales order despite just looking to move from one house to another. My old account has been cancelled and I have ordered broadband and efibre plus a house move and when I call I get moved from department to department because nobody seems to know what the situation actually is.

Can someone PLEASE tell me if my efibre broadband order actually exists and if I can expect to have it within the foreseeable future? If not can I just get normal broadband sorted?

I'm seriously annoyed at this stage with the absolute lack of communication and how nobody seems to know what to actually do about the order.
    Hi ash23

Thanks for taking my call, I will be back in touch before 12 O'clock tomorrow.

Thanks
    Al

Thanks for the call yesterday Alan. Hopefully it'll be sorted soon.

Thanks for the call yesterday Alan. Hopefully it'll be sorted soon.
    Hi ash23

Thanks for taking todays call, I'll let you know when the broadband order is raised.

Thanks
    Al

Any update on my broadband Alan?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Hi ash23

I have had confirmation that this is pending cancellation (the order has been raised) and it should be complete within the next 48 hours.

As soon as it is fully closed down I will let you know.

Thanks
    Al

Thanks
    Hi ash23

I have had confirmation that this is pending cancellation (the order has been raised) and it should be complete within the next 48 hours.

As soon as it is fully closed down I will let you know.

Thanks
    Al
    Ok Alan,

I had a guy call this morning to set up my phone line. Explained phone line is in place and all I'm waiting for is broadband. No bother says he, I'll just confirm the order and get that sorted at the cabinet. Calls Eircom in Tralee and, wait for it, apparently there is no broadband order for my number.
    Are eircom seriously that poorly organised? You confirmed to me the order has been raised but the staff in Tralee have said no order has been placed.
    I had to go to work and here I am, still with no broadband.

What is going on here? And when in the name of god is my broadband going to be activated?

Can I get an update please?

Can I get an update please?

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi ash23

I'm genuinely sorry for the delays

Your broadband order is in place (order number 6902573CH) - There have been issues in testing your line but I would like to assure you that I have sent this for escalation marking the urgency and hope to have you online before the weekend.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

Still no broadband. Any updates?

Still no broadband. Any updates?
    Hi ash23

I see your broadband order is yet to complete but it should be ready within the next 24 to 48 hours. I'm really sorry for all the delays Ash, I have noted the issues and will arrange a rebate for your bill when the broadband is activated.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Thanks Alan.

I've not gotten any contract details in the post? Should I have?

Thanks

Thanks Alan.

I've not gotten any contract details in the post? Should I have?

Thanks
    Hi ash23

The contract was a verbally agreed upon ordering the service however you will also receive paperwork within the next few days.

Thanks

Al

Is my broadband active yet?
    Thanks

Thanks
    It is now ash23

Once you hook up the modem everything should be ready to go.

Did you receive your modem yet?

Al

Thanks
    It is now ash23

Al
    Hi Al,
    Thanks

I have an eircom modem already from my old house so will connect it tonight and make sure all is working.

Thanks for your assistance.

Thanks
    It is now ash23

Al
    Hi Al,
    Thanks

I have an eircom modem already from my old house so will connect it tonight and make sure all is working.

Thanks for your assistance.
    No worries ash23

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with
    Al

Advertisement