Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does CA grade count in repeat exams?

Options
  • 19-05-2014 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭

My situation:

I needed 34/100 in my exam last week to pass the subject as I was already on 23/50 from my CA. Im nearly certain I didnt manage to get the 34/100 needed. My question is, in the repeat exam will I need to still get just 34/100 or will i need to get 40/100?

Any help would be great thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Lyrical

Depends on the lecturer I'm think. In the course I'm doing you can choose to have your continuous assessment for the repeat or if you have a bad continuous assessment the repeat exam is worth 100%.I know one of my lecturers will allow you to repeat a project to bump your continuous assessment up for the repeat I'm not sure if that's much good to you.

Though I wouldn't panic too much until the results come out sometimes I've came out of exams full sure I've got a bad grade in them and I ended up doing ok. I know some lecturers take into account attendance when marking so if you were short one or two marks they'd help you out. Also not too sure if it is dependent on what year you're at in college but you can get compensated too for example if you get good grades in 4 subjects and fail one they'll compensate you and pass you. Once the results come out you can ring the exams office and find out for sure what the lecturer has decided about CA if the worst happens hopefully it doesn't though :).

Advertisement