Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fleadh B+B Prices?

Options
  • 19-05-2014 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭

Would not be a big man for the Trad music myself but have several friends who go to Fleadh every couple of years.One was chatting me on phone yday and enquired about decent B+B options around Sligo as himself and wife want to go to a few nights of Fleadh in Sligo.
    Few questions he asked were will B+B prices go up for Fleadh or will local committee organising event watch out for that?....I didn't know answer.
    He said that because of work and lack of days off they might not be able to book a B+B months in advance so for last Fleadh they went to they ended up staying in an 'unofficial' B+B for the few nights which worked out fine.
    Does anyone know will people be renting out rooms in their houses on this unofficial B+B basis for Sligo Fleadh and could he get that info off the local committee?,
    thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Would not be a big man for the Trad music myself but have several friends who go to Fleadh every couple of years.One was chatting me on phone yday and enquired about decent B+B options around Sligo as himself and wife want to go to a few nights of Fleadh in Sligo.
    Few questions he asked were will B+B prices go up for Fleadh or will local committee organising event watch out for that?....I didn't know answer.
    He said that because of work and lack of days off they might not be able to book a B+B months in advance so for last Fleadh they went to they ended up staying in an 'unofficial' B+B for the few nights which worked out fine.
    Does anyone know will people be renting out rooms in their houses on this unofficial B+B basis for Sligo Fleadh and could he get that info off the local committee?,
    thanks for any replies.

The organisers are very eager to get as many private houses to open the doors to Fleadh goers. But as far as I can make out, demand will way outstrip availability.

And, I stand to be corrected on this, the last time Sligo had the Fleadh, many private businesses set up for the occasion ripped the total pi** out of it, and as such, contributed to Sligo not been allocated the Fleadh for years, so I hope private enterprise, hawkers and established accommodation providers will be kept in check by the organisers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Kettleson wrote: »
    The organisers are very eager to get as many private houses to open the doors to Fleadh goers. But as far as I can make out, demand will way outstrip availability.

And, I stand to be corrected on this, the last time Sligo had the Fleadh, many private businesses set up for the occasion ripped the total pi** out of it, and as such, contributed to Sligo not been allocated the Fleadh for years, so I hope private enterprise, hawkers and established accommodation providers will be kept in check by the organisers.
    I can't recall any talk of ripping off last time. Sligo had the Fleadh for 3 consecutive years and that contributed to the wait time according to someone in CCE.
    However, there's always someone looking to get rich quick! Buyer beware etc!
    Tourist office or the Fleadh office should have details of accomodation available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

red sean wrote: »
    I can't recall any talk of ripping off last time. Sligo had the Fleadh for 3 consecutive years and that contributed to the wait time according to someone in CCE.
    However, there's always someone looking to get rich quick! Buyer beware etc!
    Tourist office or the Fleadh office should have details of accomodation available.

Cheers, good to hear that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Where private owners rent out rooms or houses specifically for the Fleadh, all bookings go through the Fleadh Office so the prices will be standardised at roughly between €30 and €40 per person per night depending on room size and if breakfast is included.

http://fleadhcheoil.ie/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Fleadh-Accommodation-Guidelines-and-Checklist-20141.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Thanks for replies I will give my friends your advice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement