Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper Two Question

• 19-05-2014 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

So if I get a comparative question, my 3 texts are 'The Kings Speech', 'Brooklyn' and 'Juno and the Paycock'.

If it's a 'Theme and Issue' questions, I'd do an opening paragraph and then I'd start comparing. If I was to first of all start with a relationship from the King's Speech and then I was comparing it with Juno and the Paycock, do I do a new paragraph for Juno? Or do I keep each comparison in the same paragraph? Also, after this comparison can I also compare them with Brooklyn or does it have to be 1 compared with 1. Does anyone have any tips for this question? Thanks alot in advance.

And for poetry, I know all the poems really well, does anyone have any tips to get an A? Even if the question doesn't ask it, should I give my own personal insight?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

yoyojc wrote: »
    And for poetry, I know all the poems really well, does anyone have any tips to get an A? Even if the question doesn't ask it, should I give my own personal insight?

Absolutely definitely give your own insight. It can be as simple as using "I" instead of "the reader" as the latter looks as if you just vomited up a bag of notes from your teacher. I always try to make at least on relation to my own life in each essay. This might just be three or four lines in the whole piece, but it does give your piece a distinctive difference.

Advertisement