Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efibre dates keep getting pushed back for my area.

Options
  • 19-05-2014 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if I could be given an accurate time to expect efibre to be introduced in my area. It's very frustrating being told it's "next month" every month for the last 8 months.

I received a letter last year stating it would be October 2013, then that became December 2013. Every time the roll-out date has been met it gets pushed back a further month.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Just wondering if I could be given an accurate time to expect efibre to be introduced in my area. It's very frustrating being told it's "next month" every month for the last 8 months.

I received a letter last year stating it would be October 2013, then that became December 2013. Every time the roll-out date has been met it gets pushed back a further month.
    Hi Dohnny Jepp

Sorry to hear this, What area are you in? Would you like to PM me your address?

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Hi Dohnny Jepp

Al
    Hi. Just posting here in case, my PM got lost in an ocean of Pm's I imagine you receive.

Hi Dohnny Jepp

Al
    Hi. Just posting here in case, my PM got lost in an ocean of Pm's I imagine you receive.
    Thanks for the reminder :)

I'll follow up now and get back very soon..

Al

Pushed back to August now, even after having July confirmed.......

Pushed back to August now, even after having July confirmed.......

Sorry about this Dohnny Jepp

The dates should only be treated as an indication as unforeseen circumstances can occur - apologies for the inconvenience.

Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Phoenix1608

No he is not alone I've been promised it since May and every month that comes it gets pushed back.I even asked the girl on the phone to confirm that it was August that I would be upgraded before agreeing to continue another years contract.I check now again and it is pushed back another month.Pretty much 5 months of continual push backed dates.Originally we were to have it last year here even.I feel a bit trapped agreeing to another years contract with this going on.

No he is not alone I've been promised it since May and every month that comes it gets pushed back.I even asked the girl on the phone to confirm that it was August that I would be upgraded before agreeing to continue another years contract.I check now again and it is pushed back another month.Pretty much 5 months of continual push backed dates.Originally we were to have it last year here even.I feel a bit trapped agreeing to another years contract with this going on.
    Hi Phoenix1608

I am sorry to hear this, efibre launch dates cannot be guaranteed as unforseen circumstances can from time to time occure - I understand your feelings especially considering the duration and number of postponeents and I will keep passing feedback on this to online operations.

Al

September now. If it gets pushed back one more month, it will mean I was pushed back an entire year.

September now. If it gets pushed back one more month, it will mean I was pushed back an entire year.
    Hi Dohnny Jepp

I can fully understand the disappointment, please be mindful that all dates are provisional but hopefully your area is upgraded soon.

Al

Hi Dohnny Jepp

I can fully understand the disappointment, please be mindful that all dates are provisional but hopefully your area is upgraded soon.

Al
    I get that, I do, but 12 months is a pretty significant margin of error... to the point where it feels like I'm just being strung along indefinitely.  

• Advertisement

Hi Dohnny Jepp

Al
    I get that, I do, but 12 months is a pretty significant margin of error... to the point where it feels like I'm just being strung along indefinitely.  

Apologies for this Dohnny Jepp

There is certainly no intention to make you feel this way although I do apologise for this.

Thanks
    Al

I just checked the fibre availability checker on the website. It still states Sept 14. Does that mean I can order it now?

I just checked the fibre availability checker on the website. It still states Sept 14. Does that mean I can order it now?
    Hi Dohnny Jepp

I see that efibre is set to launch in blackrock for September but rollout is based on the completion of works and activation of cabinets and your specific area (which you have previously PM'd) is not set to go live until November.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement