Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long to drive from Dun-Laoghaire port to M50?

Options
  • 19-05-2014 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

on a bank-holiday weekend Saturday in August at about 1pm?
    I'm trying to decide whether to get a ferry from Holyhead to Dun-Laoghaire which arrives at 12:50 or get a ferry to Dublin Port which arrives at 13:40.
    Will I lose the 50 mins gained by getting stuck in a traffic jam from Dun-Laoghaire to the M50?
    I have to drive to Kerry afterwards so would like to get on the motorway asap. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

There shouldn't be any traffic jam getting from Dun Laoghaire to the M50 at that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

It should take no more than fifteen minutes to the m50 at Cherrywood

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I do this journey about four o'clock every Saturday, takes about half an hour (I'm talking about the M7 exit on the M50)

It would take you the same to get from Dublin Port to the M50

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Gmaximum

To avoid traffic I'd go to Dublin port and pay the 3 euro to use the port tunnel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Gmaximum wrote: »
    To avoid traffic I'd go to Dublin port and pay the 3 euro to use the port tunnel

Then they'd also have to pay the toll on the M50.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

DL every time. Straight line to Leopardstown and join the M50 at J14. 20 minutes easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭john9876

athtrasna wrote: »
    It should take no more than fifteen minutes to the m50 at Cherrywood

Thanks for all your replies.

Do I take the N31, N11? Can I take the Leopardstown road and get on the M50 at J14?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Depending on where in the UK you are, you could also consider flying into Kerry airport and renting a car there. Could make the journey way quicker, less hassle and cheaper even. Just something to think about though could well not be of interest to those with kids and car seats etc.

Advertisement