Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of alarm monitoring for small business

Options
  • 19-05-2014 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi everyone,
    I've just started a small business and have had an alarm installed (it consists of 4 PIRs, 4 break glass fire units and 4 smoke heads). The alarm company have recommended a monitoring company. The price for monitoring is coming in at €250 + VAT. Just wondering what business owners here use and whether that price is reasonable.

Thanks,
    Tarmon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Thats pretty standard sort of pricing. Have you looked at PhoneWatch? They are coming in around €35 with no upfront amount and they seem to offer a fair bit more than standard. I am planning on switching to them once my current agreement finishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭tarmon

Hi Jimmii thanks for the reply. Yeah I had phonewatch out but they couldn't get a decent mobile phone signal (they tried all networks). Because they're no longer part of Eircom they dont do landline based systems. But its good to know that price is relatively standard as I've no experience of monitored alarms.
    Thanks again,
    Tarmon

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Being GSM was part of the reason they seemed good!

Just checked my accounts and the total was €312.20 so about €253+VAT that covered the monitoring and a service which I seem to remember being "worth" about €50ish so I guess the monitoring part was about €200 we're bang in the middle of Dublin City centre which could effect the price with some companies I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dublinwp

so is it 50 per month extra ? or how do they charge for monitoring? thanks

Advertisement