Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bacon Ideas

Options
  • 19-05-2014 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭

Hey y'all. Looking for a few tips here, didn't think it was worth starting a separate thread. I've got a nice lump of bacon to cook at home and much as I like the auld bacon cabbage and spuds dinner, I was looking for a few other ideas for a midweek meal with bacon. The only other thing I could think of was to shred it up with some pasta and creme fraiche and make a sort of carbonara type thing. Anyone else got any ideas? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Stiry fry
    Stew
    Pie
    Pasta Sauce (Good god, use tomato imo)
    Roast

That's all i can think of at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Bassfish

What if I tried it with some barbecue flavours? Sort of treated it like pulled pork. Would that work or be too strong?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,040 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

You could do a tartiflette type thing.
    Layer sliced potatoes, finely sliced onions, the bacon chopped or sliced, and cheese (I think Gubbeen works well) in a dish. Pour on milk or cream or a combination and cook in a hot oven for about an hour and a half.
    Serve with a dressed green salad and a light red:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Quiche Lorraine would be nice.
    Gourmet ham sandwiches.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,040 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Bassfish wrote: »
    What if I tried it with some barbecue flavours? Sort of treated it like pulled pork. Would that work or be too strong?

Not sure that would work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Hawaiian toast
    Slice of bread
    Slice of ham (bacon)
    Slice of pineapple
    Grated cheese

Stick under grill until melted. Top with fried egg.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Split from the Chat thread.

tHB

Bassfish wrote: »

I accidentally bought bacon leg instead pork leg before and tried this - the bacony salty flavour was too overpowering I'm afraid.

The tartiflette sounds amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Ended up making a sort of bacon, potato and turnip hash with a fried egg on top, twas good.

Advertisement