Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NDLS, Waiting times?

• 19-05-2014 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

Was given an appointment for 10 days time in Leopardstown, is there anyway I could just walk in tomorrow morning, or are they clamping down on this. I live a long way from the centre. Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,654 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

jwof2006 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Was given an appointment for 10 days time in Leopardstown, is there anyway I could just walk in tomorrow morning, or are they clamping down on this. I live a long way from the centre. Cheers.

I'm afraid you have to stick to the booking. You could chance ringing them to see if there is a cancellation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bobby42

I walked into Omni last week without an appointment. Got there for 10:30 and got an appointment for 4:45. That was one of the last appointment slots they had.

You could head there for nine and see what happens. While I was in Omni they was a reasonable turn around. If people weren't ten minutes early for their appointment, their slot was given away.

My appointment was for 4:45 but I got there for 4:20 and since someone was late I got seen to straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Vologda69

jwof2006 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

All NDLS centres retain about 40% of daily slots for walk in customers. If you are there at 8.45am or earlier you should get an appointment within an hour on the same day. You also have the option of waiting around for a cancellation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭JimmyAlfonso

How long is it taking for the NDLS to send out Full licences after passing a test? Haven't passed my test yet but repeating it again soon and heading on hols in July and would like to rent a car if I pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

How long is it taking for the NDLS to send out Full licences after passing a test? Haven't passed my test yet but repeating it again soon and heading on hols in July and would like to rent a car if I pass.

I renewed my provisional license in November and it took them 2 months to get the license out to me. I passed my test in April and put in the application straight away, I had my license posted out within 2 weeks. I'm not sure if they have just sorted out their issues or if they are just wildly inconsistent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I was told 5-8 working days in the centre for my renewal.

It's 10 business days now and no sign. I checked the website to see who I can contact and it says not to contact them if it's under two weeks. And there is no phone number, just an email address.

I'll give them another few days but I'm not confident. If counter staff don't know the times they shouldn't give out the information

Advertisement