Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constant Spam Emails

Options
  • 19-05-2014 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I am receiving in excess 3-4 spam/phising emails a day now, claiming to be from BOI 365.. saying my account has been suspended and i must follow a link to re-activate it. Obviously i am not going to do that.

This has been on going for about 2 weeks now, and i send the mails to 365security@boi.com but have not got a response, and the mails keep coming in.

each time i receive an email, i block the sender, and add the sender to my junk email list, but each time a new mail arrives in, it comes right back into my inbox.

it's getting a little frustrating, and i am hoping BOI are looking into it.

thanks in advance

Robert

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,632 ✭✭✭✭28064212

BOI can't do much, if anything, about it. You need to talk to your email provider.

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭socco

28064212 wrote: »
    BOI can't do much, if anything, about it. You need to talk to your email provide
    yep, my girlfriend gets these emails and shes not even with BOI :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi RobertHopkins, [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie. [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]We can understand your frustration with regard to the constant receipt of phishing emails. Although Bank of Ireland are unable to prevent the receipt of these emails, please be assured that our dedicated IT Security Department investigate all emails received through the [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]365security@boi.com[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] address.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]As socco correctly mentioned, fraudsters target many people’s emails, not just Bank of Ireland customers, in the hope that they can attain personal information. Rest assured, we would never send emails or text messages requesting customers to confirm any account or password information.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]We would like to thank you for your vigilance and we appreciate you taking the time to post today.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Elaine  [/font]

Advertisement