Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows 8.1 - WIFI Problem

• 19-05-2014 2:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭

Just went from windows 7 to windows 8 then 8.1

Wifi speeds on 7 & 8 i was getting about 50-70 meg download speeds but when i updated to 8.1 the max it gives me is about 0.8 - 1.5meg.

I've googled up and tried a few things that said solved the problem.

Changing DNS
    Installing Driver Again
    Rolling Back Driver (grayed out so doesn't let me)

None worked, doing my nut in now. When goolging it seems like a common problem.

Any one any ideas???

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

What wifi adapter do you have, and what driver are you using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Fysh wrote: »
    What wifi adapter do you have, and what driver are you using?

The PC is a piece of dump dell xps420 from a few year back.

I have gone onto the site and downloaded the driver they had from back in 2009, and the newest version, tried installing both again but i get a blue error screen.

Dell Wireless 1505 or 1510 WirelessN Card

Not beside it at the moment.

Its the oul ones doing my nut in ringing me every 2 minutes, WHATS WRONG WHATS WRONG :rolleyes:

EDIT: Actual Card : Dell Wireless 1505 Draft 802.11n WLAN Mini-Card

Driver Version: 5.100.245.200

Advertisement