Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing amount of ammo on substitution

Options
  • 19-05-2014 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭

This a quick one is it worth upping the ammunition allowance on my substitution im sending in I had 500 but honestly could do with a 1000 or is it likely to get rejected.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Ask. If successful you get what you want, and if not you still have the 500.

Make sure to give a reason for extra ammo. Most people get refused because they only write the number and never give a reason why.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Yes it can be done.

I went from 1000 to 2000 on a sub. Not that I'm able to afford to buy that many.
    Tell your FO you need to be able to buy in bulk and they are available in 500 tins and 525 boxes you you would like to be able to buy 2 at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

I had 500 on mine and asked to up it to 1600 on renewal i wrote a very detailed letter saying why i needed it Ie wanting to compete in several competitions, wanting to buy from the same batch, wanting to shoot more than one card on the day etc.. i would even say that what i asked for was very reasonable as i wanted to get serious about target shooting, I also have permissions etc..
    Anyway guess what came back on my licnece? 100 rounds, I then tried contacting them for about 6 months "no he's not here he is on leave, can i pass on a message," " no he's not here he is in court, can i pass on a message" etc... all out of spite. I have spent an awful lot of money on a security system that was way above what was called for.
    So i can have 500 for my 308 and shotgun and out of spite 100 for my .22:mad::mad::mad:
    I cant wait to get out of this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭hiddenmongoose

juice1304 wrote: »
    I had 500 on mine and asked to up it to 1600 on renewal i wrote a very detailed letter saying why i needed it Ie wanting to compete in several competitions, wanting to buy from the same batch, wanting to shoot more than one card on the day etc.. i would even say that what i asked for was very reasonable as i wanted to get serious about target shooting, I also have permissions etc..
    Anyway guess what came back on my licnece? 100 rounds, I then tried contacting them for about 6 months "no he's not here he is on leave, can i pass on a message," " no he's not here he is in court, can i pass on a message" etc... all out of spite. I have spent an awful lot of money on a security system that was way above what was called for.
    So i can have 500 for my 308 and shotgun and out of spite 100 for my .22:mad::mad::mad:
    I cant wait to get out of this country.

Its a disgrace that they can get away with the like of this without any fear of them being reprimanded or punished for wrong doing .So unprofessional and sums them up completely

Advertisement