Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting to cork airport

Options
  • 19-05-2014 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi, I hope someone can help me out, I need to get to cork airport on the 4 th june, flight is leaving at 7a.m., and back on the 11 th June, in at 11a.m. I can't seem to find out on line on how i can get over and back, does anyone know of a bus route, don't mind going the night before and sleeping in the airport etc. or if anyone is going over, gladly share costs. I would be coming from Killarney, Kenmare area, i can easily to get into any of the towns around, even across to macroom if I had to. :) thanks for any help.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

There's the 40 bus to Cork and 226 to the airport. In terms of sleeping there overnight, whether it'd be a good idea or not, the airport is probably closed at night. Generally all flights are done by 11 or 12 and don't start until about 6 in the morning...so I doubt it's open at night. But maybe someone else can shed more light on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭cambasque

thank you, so the 40 goes from ? killarney?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

cambasque wrote: »
    thank you, so the 40 goes from ? killarney?

Yep!

Tralee -> Farranfore -> Killarney -> Ballyvourney -> Macroom -> Cork

great, last question, does it run in the night as i need to be there by 6a.m.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

No service at night: http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1376666737-040.pdf
    And there's the 226: http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1392394304-226.pdf
    Traveling by bus you would need to get to Cork the evening before the flight, the last 226 would then be at the airport at 25 past midnight.

• Advertisement

thank you, are there no private coach company's ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

It's been asked a fair few times in the cork forum and apparently you can stay there overnight. Well, that's to say it's open and you could crash there until the morning flights.

Thanks all round to everyone....still looks a bit difficult to get there....people have offered lifts but i have to be there by 6'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭skelligs

stay in a cheap B&B or hostel in Cork and enjoy the delights of cork the evening before?

AFAIK even Kerry people are welcome in Cork! :)

Advertisement