Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you know these people ?

Options
  • 19-05-2014 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭

Hi

If you guys could take a few minutes to look at this report and see do you know these people.

It features an assault in Melbourne clearly by two Irish lads.

https://www.crimestoppersvic.com.au/help-solve-crime/unsolved-cases/assault-southbank-18-march-2014/

Police are looking for two men with Irish accents believed to be responsible for an assault in Southbank on 18 March 2014.

The victim and a friend were walking along the Princes Bridge when he was allegedly punched and kicked by two men around 12.30am.

Police have released images of two men and two women whom they believe may be able to assist them in their enquiries.

One man is described as Caucasian, around 183cm tall, aged in his early 20s, a medium build, short black hair and was wearing a blue Gaelic football jersey with a Vodafone logo on the front.

The second man is described as Caucasian, with a solid build, and was wearing a white t-shirt and green shorts.

7313%20-%20img%202.JPG
    7313%20-%20img%203.JPG
    7313%20-%20img%201.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

Zambia wrote: »
    Hi

If you guys could take a few minutes to look at this report and see do you know these people.

Sickening assault in Melbourne by tw Irish lads if you know these guys they are not worthy of your silence.

https://vic-m.crimestoppers.com.au/cs/help-solve-crime/crime-week

That's awful to watch. Especially the repeated kicks to the head at the end... Really hope they get caught

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭6541

Images are pretty clear !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

6541 wrote: »
    Images are pretty clear !

I have been away a while that's a Dublin Jersey isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

From what they have released its unclear who initiated the argument. I wonder were the others willing participants in what happened. The guy the Dublin jersey was fighting had his t-shirt off. I can just picture it now, the lads start shouting nonsense, rips his shirt off and shouts "lets facking go ya cant".

I don't condone violence unless its in self-defense. I've a feeling that's the case in this instance. They have more footage of this incident, why not show it from the very beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Shy Ted

c0rk3r wrote: »
    From what they have released its unclear who initiated the argument. I wonder were the others willing participants in what happened. The guy the Dublin jersey was fighting had his t-shirt off. I can just picture it now, the lads start shouting nonsense, rips his shirt off and shouts "lets facking go ya cant".

I don't condone violence unless its in self-defense. I've a feeling that's the case in this instance. They have more footage of this incident, why not show it from the very beginning.

Kicking a man in the head while he lies on the ground is never self defence.

I hope these guys are caught and punished accordingly. They're giving the Irish population a bad reputation abroad and it diminishes all the good work done by others.

• Advertisement

That's a matter for a court in due course. First they need to be identified.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭sin_city

Shy Ted wrote: »
    Kicking a man in the head while he lies on the ground is never self defence.

I hope these guys are caught and punished accordingly. They're giving the Irish population a bad reputation abroad and it diminishes all the good work done by others.

We can’t jump to conclusions until we know the full story in all fairness. I’d like to know what set someone off like this.

If it is an unprovoked attack then sure the guy is a scumbag.

Regarding giving Irish people a bad name….come on. Good work done by others?
    Are we all on trial to impress the Aussies? Was that you working outside the Salvos? Good work mate…all undone by these scumbags 

Once they come forward they can give their side of the story.

Victoria Police are asking for the publics assistance to identify these males. The same Police force that within one week had Jill Meaghers killer in custody not to mention putting away David Greene's killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Shy Ted

sin_city wrote: »
    We can’t jump to conclusions until we know the full story in all fairness. I’d like to know what set someone off like this.

If it is an unprovoked attack then sure the guy is a scumbag.

I do agree, but is it far fetched to think that perhaps these guys did start an unprovoked fight? They're of the calibre willing to kick a person repeatedly on the head whilst lying on the ground. If they were provoked, they could have easily walked on..
    Regarding giving Irish people a bad name….come on. Good work done by others?

I was always of the impression that the Irish had a good reputation abroad for being good workers and a bit of craic.
    Are we all on trial to impress the Aussies? Was that you working outside the Salvos? Good work mate…all undone by these scumbags

Why the personal jibe? I'm no saint granted, but I really have no time for people willing to kick another person repeatedly on the head. I know of people that were killed, and have heard of others permanently disabled from this sort of attack. And it's the usual crap defence in court "I was drunk your honour". It never helps the victim though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Taunts are not a justification for violence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭top madra

Or his T-shirt slipped over his head when he was getting the chit bate of out him.....
    Whatever happened doesn't it condone kicking someone in the him when they're down.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Plenty of backpackers near that bridge, they'd be the first place I'd go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Is this a wind up or do you know them? (Serious question)

There was a thread of recent talking about another Cork Scummer called Ian Cronin who also kicked a man on the ground after feeling aggrieved, now families are ruined around the Globe because he probably thought giving somone a Kicking was Ok if he could justify it to his Scumbag mates, here is what Ian the Scummer did...
    "It was a nasty attack and it was cowardly as well. I have a duty to look after the interests of society and make sure young people can go out in this city for a social evening without ending up in hospital. I believe that four years is the appropriate sentence [for Cronin]," he said.

The attack was sparked by a simple slagging match between two groups about the hurling merits of their native cities. However, the slagging quickly escalated, with tragic results.

Detective Inspector John Kelleher told the court that the victim had suffered a multitude of medical problems since 2001.

"Denis has had numerous medical problems including pneumonia, blood clots, and even skin-grafts. He has also had numerous operations," he explained.

During the garda investigation, Cronin contacted a number of other witnesses in a bid to get them to lie about the clothing he was wearing that night. His girlfriend was asked to dispose of the jacket he wore.

But he eventually made a statement of admission to gardai and broke down after questioning them about what condition the young Limerick man was in.

He admitted he punched Franklin - and acknowledged joining another group kicking the young man on the ground.

Leaving a man in a blind Vegative state after kicking somone on the ground.

(Q) Do you know what the difference is between this idiot involved in this cowardly attack and the attack by Ian the Scummer Cronin???

(A) Pure Luck.

There is never an instance where a Cowardly Attack is Cool, weather hitting someone without warning or kicking a defenceless person on the ground.

Incase you missed this thread.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057154321

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

The shirtless man on the ground wasn't being kicked in the head. The kicks were landing on his upper back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

The shirtless man on the ground wasn't being kicked in the head. The kicks were landing on his upper back

And that makes it Ok how???

I'm genuine interested in this answer, I'll just nip out and get the microwave popcorn on the go.

A cowards act is just that, are those that defend that act any better than the perpetrators.

Edit: just watched it again(don't know why), kick #2 in the Head at 13 seconds, on the ground the first time uncertain number of blows to the head and only someone who was close could say with any certainty would/could claim they were landing on the torso.

So if that was you on the ground would you have been saying to your attacker "fair play, sound lad, keep them on the back"?

There's something Darwinian about this.

We really don't know what kicked this off, so everything is just speculation.

Granted like I said he will get his chance to explian the event.

As the article says police want them to assist in enquiries.

Zambia wrote: »
    Granted like I said he will get his chance to explian the event.

As the article says police want them to assist in enquiries.

Would you come forward?

I would say these guys are probably scum but imagine they were assaulted beforehand and retaliated like this....Even if you were responding to an attack, the video has you acting like a thug....You're not coming forward either way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

My guess is that if the police want to speak to them they don't want to congratulate them.

• Advertisement

Depends no one could answer that truthfully without knowing the level of injury to the bloke on the ground.

Word on the street is Collingwood are looking to sign old mate in the Dublin top.

Thanks Zambia, out of respect to the guy kicked on the ground I refrained from saying the police were looking to recruit but after your Collingwood joke i reckon it's open season!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

They have more footage of this incident, why not show it from the very beginning.

It might be the case that more footage could identify the 'victim', I think you are reading into it to much.

Fair enough altercations do happen, sensible thing is to walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

does it really matter what kicked it off? the police have video evidence of someone being seriously assaulted on the ground... its hardly self defense pulling someone to the ground and kicking them when they are down.

Speculation or not it has to be investigated and the people identified, the act itself gives Police reason to question these 'thugs' in case they could also have committed other unsolved assaults or crimes.

Bumping this

Advertisement