Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving Out

Options
  • 19-05-2014 4:10pm
    Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi there

I currently have an Account with EI and Am about to move house. 

The House where i'm moving to already has an electric Ireland account.

How do i go about changing the account details on my current EI account?

I want to transfer the account to my Flatmate

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Agent Smith,

The procedure to follow here is to close your account at your current address and reopen it at your new address (unless the electricity will be in someone else's name at your new address; you an re-use your account number any time though).

To close your account, contact us (here on Boards if you wish) with a meter reading taken on your last day, and the contact name and number of whomever is taking over responsibility for payment of the electricity (e.g. landlord/letting agency - or your flatmate whom you have mentioned) and a forwarding address for your final bill (which will cover your usage up to the meter reading taken on your last day) if you receive your bills by post.

Your flatmate would need to set up their account themselves rather than it being done on their behalf by someone else.

You can contact us with the reading after you move out if the day itself does not suit. The move-out cannot be processed until the day you leave at the earliest.

Details of this procedure are on our website also.

Kind regards,
    Una

Advertisement