Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting things to photograph in Dublin City

Options
  • 19-05-2014 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm in Dublin, May 21-23rd. I like photogrpahing most stuff- my galleries

Are there any skateboaring parks, bmx tracks etc. that'd have some activity or anything else during the week? Anything else of interest or quirky that'd be interesting to photograph?

Also are there any photogrpahy exhibition on (would have to be open in evening) open then?

Thanks in advance,
    Patrick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

may be some ideas here:
    http://www.dublineventguide.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Glasnevin Cemetery; http://www.glasnevintrust.ie
    National Botanic Gardens; http://www.botanicgardens.ie

They're next to each other. Car parking in the Botanic Gardens is €2 for the day. The link between them should be opened by now.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,

Are there any skateboaring parks, bmx tracks etc. that'd have some activity or anything else during the week? Anything else of interest or quirky that'd be interesting to photograph?

Also are there any photogrpahy exhibition on (would have to be open in evening) open then?

Thanks in advance,
    Patrick.

Regarding Photography exhibitions, you should check out the Library Project in Temple Bar and speak to Angel if he is there, he will direct you to all and any photography exhibitions in Dublin. You can also try the Gallery of Photography and the National Photographic Archive, all three are very close together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Hi,

Thanks in advance,
    Patrick.

Not many skateboarding parks in Dublin (Fairview and Blanchardstown the 2 i know of) you can always head to Dollymount strand and catch the kite surfers there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Hi,

Thanks in advance,
    Patrick.

There's a few skateparks around alright, the only one I can think of at the moment is in Bushy Park, Terenure. Usually has a fair bit of activity. You might also get some decent shots at Grand Canal Square, there's often people wakeboarding/windsurfing on the dock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

The hungry tree at Kings Inns is cool

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I'm hoping to get up for dawn one morning and photograph the streets of Dublin deserted.

I did the same in Cork City recently and liked the image of a ghost town http://www.photoblog.ie/cork-city-ghost-town

I'm hoping to get up for dawn one morning and photograph the streets of Dublin deserted.
    The IFSC area maybe nice for some dawn shots?

O'Connell Street will probably also be nice at dawn, but go there first, as it starts filling up early enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Reformed Character

Monkeys playing snooker in Kildare Street.
    On the pillars of No 2/3 Kildare Street, beside the Alliance Francais Building.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

upyores wrote: »
    Monkeys playing snooker in Kildare Street.
    On the pillars of No 2/3 Kildare Street, beside the Alliance Francais Building.

Never knew that, must check it out, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭DaveCol

I did the same in Cork City recently and liked the image of a ghost town http://www.photoblog.ie/cork-city-ghost-town

How about Henrietta Street, D1?

So... link to photos? :P

Advertisement