Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desperate House Buys RTE One 9:40pm

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

The end terrace in drumcondra for over 500k was just stupid with a road running along side it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭bigroad

Yea 500k is a mad price.But what really gets me is the estate agents.It must be the handiest money ever.
    Ok so they have to advertise the property ,take a few calls and then show the house.
    For all this hard labour they coin in about 5 grand going on one percent commission.
    If these houses are so handy sold i know what i would do .Those agents would not get a red cent .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I believe their commission is 1-1.5%. Money well spent IMO. They have far more exposure, a lot wont have a problem coming up wit phantom bidders, playing potential buyers off themselves, they will also have databases of potential purchasers who they will contact (probably not as relevant now that demand is buoyant) but it was when I did some work experience in SherryFitz about 2 years ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

its the only show in town in this country but i wouldnt call it a great city by any stretch , wages are higher than in any other part of ireland and it will continue to dominate the economy but its very dirty and pretty ugly , its transport system is awful , i was in lisbon a few weeks ago , much poorer country than ireland yet their transport system is miles ahead , lisbon is far more beautiful than dublin

I know alot of Portuguese and the problem is the same there with many people travelling 1.5 h to get to work at times. The transport system there really isnt all that great. I think when we are a tourist the places we want to go are naturally more "mainstream" and easier to get to

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

I think alot of people also would be uncomfortable viewing a house while the owner is their with their tacky decoration thinking its the bees knees

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,684 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

its the only show in town in this country but i wouldnt call it a great city by any stretch , wages are higher than in any other part of ireland and it will continue to dominate the economy but its very dirty and pretty ugly

It's not really that dirty, at all and parts of the city are stunning, you just don't see it. Try looking up and around you next time your here.
    its transport system is awful , i was in lisbon a few weeks ago , much poorer country than ireland yet their transport system is miles ahead , lisbon is far more beautiful than dublin

Loads of places in Dublin are clean, safe, very pleasant, attractive, coastal with stunning amenities with decent sized houses that are serviced with excellent public transport, but according to this thread anyone that wants to live their is a "moron" or an "idiot" to pay the prices for the "shoe box" houses and these areas are "posh", it's a vicious circle! . :( I've been to Lisbon, parts of it are filthy and the public transport isn't all that good!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

ryan101 wrote: »
    That statement is self contradictory, you might as well claim Galway should never have opened any large medical device companies for the same reasons.
    You have to start somewhere.

It's not contradictory when you consider the rates at which IT companies can need to scale compared to medical devices.

the luas is being joined up. Metro North and Dart Underground would be underway if it werent for the bloody recession. Dart Underground will hopefully get the go ahead soon enough. With that in place we will have a class transport system, take a look at the below link...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KJyp7GPqJ8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

bigroad wrote: »
    Yea 500k is a mad price.But what really gets me is the estate agents.It must be the handiest money ever.
    Ok so they have to advertise the property ,take a few calls and then show the house.
    For all this hard labour they coin in about 5 grand going on one percent commission.
    If these houses are so handy sold i know what i would do .Those agents would not get a red cent .

That house is beside one of the most expensive housing estates on the Northside. Its an extremely nice mature area. The house is 3 storeys and quite large. The house is also a 5 min drive from O Connell Street. 500 k is quite reasonable for what you getting compared to a ****ty semi-d in South county Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Idbatterim wrote: »
    the luas is being joined up. Metro North and Dart Underground would be underway if it werent for the bloody recession. Dart Underground will hopefully get the go ahead soon enough. With that in place we will have a class transport system, take a look at the below link...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KJyp7GPqJ8

You're very optimistic. I'll give you that.

• Advertisement

You're very optimistic. I'll give you that
    which bit is optimistic?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭el pasco

Doop wrote: »
    Estate Agents are sales people selling property... not economists!
    Why would anyone take advice from someone who has a vested interest in a specific course of action?

If I was selling my house I certainly wouldnt want my estate agent telling prospective buyers that it'll probably lose 40-50% of its value in the next couple of yrs...

I wouldn't be trusting economist either now Look at there great predictions

Advertisement