Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desperate House Buys RTE One 9:40pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Those houses is dublin are a pile of crap

• Registered Users Posts: 82,681 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

amdublin wrote: »
    How much does that builder want for these again?

€150k

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

groovyg wrote: »
    Well if you are a recent graduate and hoping to get a job as a full time teacher ..good luck, you'll probably be living with the parents for a while yet. I dunno how a shop worker would ever get on the property ladder if they are on minimum wage

Oh crap . My kids better be doctors so , otherwise they'll never leave my house

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Jays they're lucky they're not up at 520 at this point...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

It should either be an auction or take asking price, this closed shop backroom bidding with no verification is just too much open to abuse.

An auction is no different. Often an auction ends not meeting reserve and it ends going to negotiation afterwards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

How much does that builder want for these again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Chances are there was no other bidder for that Dundrum property.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

jos28 wrote: »
    Hate these programmes :mad: Ok, admittedly the property market has remained still since the crash but this sort of programme only serves to fuel panic among buyers. The estate agents who have been swinging around on their office chairs for months are only too delighted to jump on and add to the media panic. Calm down people, more houses will come on the market and hopefully things will even out

Yup RTE being very irresponsible

Very little coverage of families picking up bargain family homes in any of the more rural areas.

It's funny because in the last few months I've heard of a fair few folk/families buying houses and moving back to Killarney

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

€504,000. Are you fcuking serious.....
    Im gonna be sick the next time im running down that road.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

"We could to a certain extent afford it."

Its 504,000, what is to a certain extent would you not want to be certain!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,635 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Some of the stuff these people are saying is clean mental.

They are getting far too emotional about bricks and mortar, and this is what got us into the problems back in 07

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭AlwaysAnyTime

Chances are there was no other bidder for that Dundrum property.

Exactly what I was thinking. €495k to €504k is a strange bidding "war" considering the demand for property in South Dublin.

Edit, wait the €504k was for Botanic Avenue house?

That lady is dressed like a housewife from the 1970's... Or wonder woman in her civvies.

I like it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

€504,000. Are you fcuking serious.....
    Im gonna be sick the next time im running down that road.

But its beside one of the richest area on the north side after Clontarf. The area is full of Doctors and solictors.

Yeah but who wants to live in fkn Cabra Ronan?!!!!!!

hfallada wrote: »
    But its beside one of the richest area on the north side after Clontarf. The area is full of Doctors and solictors.

The 1 in Dundrum I mean

• Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Amnesia anyone?

"You can put another house here"

Jesus I really really wanna hit him.

Smugly sold in 07 aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

mfceiling wrote: »
    Amnesia anyone?

Dear God, the garden 'is just crying out for a house to be out on it'

Madness madness

Buyers calm the f down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭AlwaysAnyTime

Shocking bias from the State broadcaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

This is absolute madness.

Dublin has the potential to turn into a leading global city with sustainable development but the planning authorities in this country are stuck in the dark ages. Instead, what we have in Ireland is constant up and down and all the emotion and madness that goes with it. Absolutely maddening.

Was reading something about all the skyscrapers being built in London. Some people were giving out that the skyline was being negatively impacted (where have we heard that before?). People also pointed out that people were giving out about the same thing eons ago when St. Pauls cathedral came to dominate the London skyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

What year was that house in Dundrum built? Mid 80s??

Crazy money for it,crazy sh1te Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

A tax on unused property is a good idea though. I can think of a large number of sites and houses around Dublin and its suburbs that lie empty for various reasons. Even a system like the UK where property is reclaimed by the council after a number of years of no use.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Had to laugh when I heard Dublin being compared to London, Paris and Madrid. Scary to see all this **** happening all over again.

Owen Reilly nailed it though, herd mentality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭maryishere

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Yup RTE being very irresponsible

Very little coverage of families picking up bargain family homes in any of the more rural areas.

It's funny because in the last few months I've heard of a fair few folk/families buying houses and moving back to Killarney

+1. No talk either of decentralisation. It was the promised government policy of mass decentralisation which led to developers and builders providing properties in areas where jobs were promised would come. Not only did the government renege on that, it brought new jobs to Dublin. Double whammy. No wonder you can get a better house for 100k in Boyle than for 500k in Dublin. Two tier system.
    You cannot operate an economy like that.

What year was that house in Dundrum built? Mid 80s??

Crazy money for it,crazy sh1te Ted.

I'd say early 70's...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I'd say early 70's...

Mental stuff,was trying to imagine a house in Tralee that was built at a similar time
    be lucky to get 150k for it.

keith16 wrote: »
    This is absolute madness.

Dublin has the potential to turn into a leading global city with sustainable development but the planning authorities in this country are stuck in the dark ages. Instead, what we have in Ireland is constant up and down and all the emotion and madness that goes with it. Absolutely maddening.

Lack of local power is a major issue for Dublin. The city expanded outwards far more than was needed, it's time to make it denser rather than continually going out and out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

Lisha wrote: »
    Oh crap . My kids better be doctors so , otherwise they'll never leave my house

Ohhh I dunno Lisha!! I know a doctor and she is back living with her folks because she couldn't afford the repayments on her mortgage so is renting her gaff out! She did buy in the boom and paid an extortionate amount for her house , but at the way house prices are going she might be able to offload it soon.

At this rate I think your kids need to be computer whizz kids like the Collison brothers and set up a computer company/or develop an app that will make them millions.:eek:

Advertisement