Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi from croke park?

Options
  • 19-05-2014 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any idea how much an 8 seater would cost from croker to Drogheda on Friday night or who might do it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Lol! Louth Boards, the go to place for every and any question for the needy and helpless:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭PGE1970

Give Caffrey Cabs a ring for a quote for an 8 seater.

http://www.caffreycabs.com

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Wouldn't you need a taxi that is licensed to pick up in Dublin?

How are you getting to Dublin?

http://www.irishrail.ie/fare-and-tickets/this-way-for-one-direction

23:05hrs Connolly - Drogheda
    23:55hrs Connolly - Drogheda

http://www.railusers.ie/passenger_info/fare_calc_2014.php?station_from=CNLLY&station_to=DGHDA&stage1=Submit+Query
    Welcome to the Rail Users Ireland Fare Calculator!

This version is the November 1st/December 1st 2013 fare revision

Station From: Dublin (Connolly)
    Station To: Drogheda (McBride)

The journey distance is: 51.41km, fare zone EE future zone D via route DDALK

Ticket Adult Child Student Family
    Single €16.30 €8.00 €12.40
    Open Return €24.80 €12.00 €15.40 €49.50
    Day Return €22.90 €11.00 €31.50
    Off Peak Single €13.50 €6.50
    Off Peak Return €14.00 €7.00
    Weekly €66.00 €56.00
    Monthly €230.00 €177.00
    Annual €2,300.00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭PGE1970

I'm pretty sure that a hackney can you pick you up anywhere by prior arrangement.

I've certainly used Caffrey's before to pick up after a night in Dublin following a rugby match. At the time it worked out about €10.00 per head but it was a couple of years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Afaik, you only need a "Dublin Taxi" if you are planning on sitting on a rank in the Dublin area. Prearranged pick ups are fine with whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Cheers thanks for all the help all sorted now.

moonshadow wrote: »
    Cheers thanks for all the help all sorted now.

Did you get on the phone and ask?

Did you get on the phone and ask?

No need for the sarcasm the person only asked for ideas

No need for the sarcasm the person only asked for ideas

Who said anything sarcastic?

I wanted to know if the list of phone numbers I provided in my original answer was helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

I wanted to know if the list of phone numbers I provided in my original answer was helpful.

No.

Well your original post was not overly helpful and had a hint of sarcasm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Ach its just that people seem and I emphasize seem to become more and more inclined to take the time to post up a question that a bit of initiative would provide the answer just as quick. It is different if somone is looking for a recommendation for say a reputable and reasonably priced taxi or any service. Looking for an opinion fine! Looking for somone else to do the yardage not so fine. (see 'car scratch repair' post as a good example).

L-M did point op in the direction of where to get phone numbers so he could give one a call, was it slightly pointed? Probably, but that is due to the many questions that have gone before like 'anyone know the number for the town hall?" Just look it up, google it - quicker than posting here and waiting for somone to respond (usually with sarcasm!).

and yes I am bored with little to do and passing a bit of time ranting :p

Well your original post was not overly helpful and had a hint of sarcasm

There was absolutely NO sarcasm in my original answer to the question. Not even just a little "hint".

Now, if you'd said that it was dripping with contempt and exasperation, then you might have been closer to what I was feeling at the time. If people are going to persist in asking such monumentally stupid questions, then they're going to pi55 of the regulars!

Advertisement