Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crafts/local produce market

Options
  • 19-05-2014 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

I lived in Galway for a long time and just off shop street at the church there is a market on every Saturday. There is a lot of local crafts etc. sold there...

I wonder if there is anything similar in Mayo (south)....

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Not too sure about south Mayo, I do know that there will be a farmers market starting up at the beginning of June in Swinford (east Mayo) I think it will be 1st Saturday every month to start with, in the Cultural Centre, old railway station in the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

Westport has a weekly market.

http://www.westportcountrymarket.ie/index.html

There used to be another along the river on a Sat morning, not sure if that is still going, it was geared more towards crafts if my memory serves me right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Feile na tuath is on this weekend in Turlough House. Loads of artisan and craft producers at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

One started up recently in Ballyhaunis, not sure what dayss

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

finisklin wrote: »
    Feile na tuath is on this weekend in Turlough House. Loads of artisan and craft producers at it.

Really looking forward to this. I hope the weather is good. Its a fabulous setting for a festival.

• Advertisement
Advertisement