Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid - Champions League Final 2014 *Mod Warning Post #856

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

brevity wrote: »
    I'm sure every fan of theirs is a nazi.

At least none of Atletico's players are serial racists like the club he supports. People. Glasshouses. Stones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

kingtiger wrote: »
    that's a photoshop if ever I saw one, been going to Madrid games for 12 years and never saw anything like that

stop posting rubbish if you don't know what you are talking about

As far as I know its genuine, but I'm certainly no expert in Photoshop.

The ultras sur are notoriously right wing, ironic you should accuse someone else of not knowing what they're chatting about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

What's casillas not playing in any league games all about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Yeah, ronaldo is entitled to celebrate, but the only thing worse than a sore loser is a bad winner. Stripping, screaming, muscle flexing? Is all that necessary for scoring a goal after the match had already been effectively won?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭DM360

I really think had the tables been turned and Atletico were up 3-1, had an Atletico player fired the fourth from the spot and proceeded to whip his shirt off and gone wild people here would be gushing praise for his passion and determination culminating in a well-deserved moment. People just love to hate on Ronaldo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

What's on Arbeloa's t-shirt?

Seems to have a Union Jack in the front, and the word "dick" on the back in between something in Spanish

Never said that. Just that a sizable proportion obviously have no issues with such politics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Got 800/1 for Madrid to win the champions league final in extra time at the start of the season. Chuffed.
    I have 801/1 myself. Annoyed I missed the bigger prices, but a win is a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

adox wrote: »
    Simeone runs on to the pitch to confront a player before the match is over and the usuals are up in arms about Ronaldo taking his shirt off after celebrating a goal.

I'm curious to see exactly what the player did to prompt that reaction, considering the Real players seemed to be giving him **** & he got a yellow I think Simeone may have just reacted to him being a ****

• Advertisement

Is George Hamilton saying its Casiles's first CL win? Has he not won a it a few times?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

its a moronic shopped pic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

He won it in 2002 as a squad player, don't know before that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

DDC1990 wrote: »
    The over-celebration, shirt stripping, muscle flexing, screaming in a game that was already over was unwarranted over the top and Mouriniho-esqe in terms of trying to steal the limelight.

Humility is a lovely human quality ... some people don't have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

He won it in 2002 as a squad player, don't know before that.

He played the last 25 minutes of the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭upstairs for coffee

Chuffed certainly is not a strong enough word. How much did you stick on that?

Just the casual two grand you know. Would have done more but with property tax and water charges coming in, owning 3 houses in Ireland and abroad I'm feeling the pinch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

RayCon wrote: »
    Humility is a lovely human quality ... some people don't have it.

Someone get the Violin out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,350 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Ronaldos a legend. He's giving his 750k bonus to charity.

Are we to be impressed he gave the equivalent of what? 2ish weeks wages to charity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

10300082_692550314114426_6668222507248697663_n.jpg

I was only 6 at the time, so I didn't actually see it, just say him celebrating in the fountain with the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I'm curious to see exactly what the player did to prompt that reaction, considering the Real players seemed to be giving him **** & he got a yellow I think Simeone may have just reacted to him being a ****

Varane kicked the ball along the turf. It rolled right onto Simeone's foot. Simeone blasted it back. Varane ducked and Simeone went for a perambulation onto the pitch in the direction of Varane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Is George Hamilton saying its Casiles's first CL win? Has he not won a it a few times?

This is his 3rd CL win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Judging the appropriateness of celebrations seem to be the new thing in football

God forbid players celebrate a goal in the CL final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I was only 6 at the time, so I didn't actually see it, just say him celebrating in the fountain with the team.

You were 6 in 2002?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Lol at the Ronaldo haters, they were delighted with him doing nothing and it looking like Real were going to lose, now when they win and he scores and dares to celebrate, they're going mad.

He's a truely great player, but some people will never give him the full credit he deserves because of his appearance, or the perception of him being vain, or whatever. Who gives a fúck? He's a quality player and that's all that matters. I'd say this goal in particular meant alot to him, a goal in the final in his home country, in the city he grew up playing in. Let him celebrate away, I don't understand people letting themselves get annoyed by that.

He does an awful lot of good off the pitch but noone ever talks about that when describing him as a person, just that he's vain and self-centred apparently.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Keeping Di Maria and selling Ozil is the stuff of genius.

10300082_692550314114426_6668222507248697663_n.jpg
    Uhh - am I missing something here? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

shrewdness wrote: »
    Lol at the Ronaldo haters, they were delighted with him doing nothing and it looking like Real were going to lose, now when they win and he scores and dares to celebrate, they're going mad.

He's a great player and I'm delighted for him, but both he and Bale were crap for most of the match.

Uhh - am I missing something here? :confused:

Look in the window..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Not mad at Ronaldo. Just having some LOL's at the neck of the guy. He was rubbish tonight. Possibly the worst on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

Simeone looks like a cross between a nightclub owner and a funeral director.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

twinytwo wrote: »
    Are we to be impressed he gave the equivalent of what? 2ish weeks wages to charity?

Have you given two weeks wages to charity in a lump sum yet? I didn't think so.

Mad how players get an urge to take their shirts off after a goal, never happens in other sports

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Not mad at Ronaldo. Just having some LOL's at the neck of the guy. He was rubbish tonight. Possibly the worst on the pitch.

Benzema gets that title by a long shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭upstairs for coffee

You have to consider how could Atleti are at marking/closing down the opposition threats out of a game. Added to the fact Ronaldo had a hamstring knock I don't think he was rubbish.

Atelti neutralised him brilliantly.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    You were 6 in 2002?!

Yup, 18 in 15 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Gutted beyond the belief at the result but the Ronaldo abuse is ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Forget the other games in which he was key in.

Jesus ye really are scrapping the barrel tonight lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Have you given two weeks wages to charity in a lump sum yet? I didn't think so.

Really stupid comparison considering 1 weeks salary for him is equal to about 10 years salary for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

You have to consider how could Atleti are at marking/closing down the opposition threats out of a game. Added to the fact Ronaldo had a hamstring knock I don't think he was rubbish.

Atelti neutralised him brilliantly.

He was rubbish. He may have had his reasons, but he was rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Bad yes, but not the worst on the pitch. But as I say, he can celebrate all he wants, god knows he did enough to get that team to that stage. You'd swear by the reaction of some people to his celebration that it was a fringe player that had hardly contributed all season.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Look in the window..
    Yea, I saw it. I don't see the problem. Where I work, they had the European Championships and Cheltenham on the TV in the canteen. It's not a big deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Really stupid comparison considering 1 weeks salary for him is equal to about 10 years salary for us.

Not really. He's the one who made the stupid comparison by trivialising £750k as two weeks wages for him. He's still a good man off the pitch and has had a tremendous CL this year and deserves to celebrate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Anyone know who got man of the match? Sorry if it's been answered

Convinced that di Maria should have gotten it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Ronaldo didn't celebrate Bales winning goal, stayed on the half way line. Didn't hold back when he scored his meaningless fourth though. As usual, its always about Cristiano.

There's people in here born in the 2000's ?

Fcuk, I feel bloody ancient now.

• Advertisement

Which hotel are the Real squad staying in, I assume Marty Morrissey will be at the banquet?
    Grabbing a few interviews, and handing out the MotM award

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The meltdown over Ronaldo's celebration is hilarious :pac: Rugby might be a more appropriate sport for those offended by such celebrating.

Yea, I saw it. I don't see the problem. Where I work, they had the European Championships and Cheltenham on the TV in the canteen. It's not a big deal.

It's you in the van admit it :pac:

Back to work Garda!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

rarnes1 wrote: »
    There's people in here born in the 2000's ?

Fcuk, I feel bloody ancient now.

No, he was 6 in 2002. You've got a few years left before you feel ancient!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Have to respect the smugness of Varane too. Main contribution: backtracking away from Simeone like a sheep looking down the eyes of a Mayo man.

• Advertisement
Advertisement