Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid - Champions League Final 2014 *Mod Warning Post #856

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

I can't see ronaldo lasting 90mins seems to be more than just a tight hammer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Blatter wrote: »
    If Benzema is out I'd see Isco coming in.

Ronaldo
    di Maria
    Isco
    Bale

The big question I'd have is who will play instead of Alonso. Is Khedira ready?

Illarramendi is the most natural replacement for Xabi Alonso but you get the feeling that Ancelotti doesn't trust him 100%. If push came to shove I'd say that Illarra will start tomorrow. Khedira definitely shouldn't play anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Such a shame that there's so many injury concerns hanging over this game. Doubts (at least) over Ronaldo, Costa, Pepe, Turan, Benzema, Bale, and Alonso is obviously suspended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Is Ronaldo still injured?

Portugal are ****ting it.

Nah he declared himself fit.

After getting 75/1 in paddy power for that result I mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

DSC03685.JPG
    I reckon the Neptune fountain will be busy.

They might as well turn off Cibeles.

Got it wrong. It was Cibeles

I was going for Ath Madrid as the one in the club shop in Madrid was teling me that the other girl in the club shop had gone to Cork to study and was now supporting my team Cork City. Once a football fan always a fan fan I suppose.

http://www.euronews.com/2014/05/25/celebrations-on-the-streets-of-madrid-for-real-fans/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Morzadec wrote: »
    Will it be Jese who comes in? He looks like a good number 9, fast and a good finisher, but does he have the link-up capabilities of Benzema? Might we see a little less cohesion in the Madrid attack?

no Jese is out for the season he got injured a couple of months ago

up front will be Morata ( a future star in the making) if Benzema doesn't make it, Real will miss Alonso but they have the better squad

I think it going to be a bridge to far for Atletico

Real 2-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

kingtiger wrote: »
    no Jese is out for the season he got injured a couple of months ago

up front will be Morata ( a future star in the making) if Benzema doesn't make it, Real will miss Alonso but they have the better squad

I think it going to be a bridge to far for Atletico

Real 2-0

Do you think they would start morata up front.? Can't say he's turned many heads this year really id say they'll have an alternating front four of ronaldo/isco/bale/di maria with modric and illara probably behind them, hard to know what formation they will line up with.

The pressure on illara tomorrow will be humongous if he plays, i wouldn't be shocked if they even started khedira

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I fancy Atletico to win. The Le Decima talk will put toomuch pressure on the Real players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Ronaldo to produce a performance like Zidane in 2002(3?) and Real to win it

World player of the year playing in the Champions League final, huge game for him and his legacy.
    Losing to Athletico would not do!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Really looking forward to this, has the makings of a classic

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Apparently Costa was running earlier today...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Heard he trained OK last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Having enjoyed watching Real playing this summer and as a former son of United, I have a natural inclination to see Ronaldo lifting the trophy again. That said, Atlético Madrid have had a fantastic season and I was delighted to see them win the league. So it would be kinda nice to see them do it. Either way, I suppose I'm not too bothered who wins, because I think either team would make a deserving winner.

Hold on, didn't he tear his hamstring? :confused:

Plenty of magic water on it? :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Hold on, didn't he tear his hamstring? :confused:

Plenty of magic water on it? :cool:

Horse placenta.
    Here he is running last night https://vine.co/v/MwhedVD0Fq5

• Advertisement

Benzema confirms he's fit on twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The biggest winner of this game if Costa holds up will be the Marijana Kovacevic, the horse placenta doctor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

put a tenner on the draw. ive had a feeling for weeks that it will be decided on penalties.

would love to see atletico win it. they truely deserve it.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Canal + saying it will be Khedira starting for Xabi, Costa starts alongside Villa and Arda on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Livescore has the lineups as Varane and Illarramendi both starting.

Or do livescore just guess?

Edit: It looks like they do. All other reports saying Khedira, like Nuri said, and Isco will be starting.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Corholio wrote: »
    Livescore has the lineups as Varane and Illarramendi both starting.

Or do livescore just guess?

Edit: It looks like they do. All other reports saying Khedira, like Nuri said, and Isco will be starting.

I think Livescore sometimes use the starting lineup from the previous game before they update. Could be wrong though.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

no line ups yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Will horse placentas be the new Paul the Octopus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Ah Souness, just stop please

And Souness wonders why he's on the sidelines as a pundit and not in management anymore. FFS.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

And Souness wonders why he's on the sidelines as a pundit and not in management anymore. FFS.

What he say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Saying Modric, one of the best midfielders in the league this season, looks like just a 5 a side player

Doesn't make the key passes or win the ball back, all complete garbage and shows how limited he is

Could sky have not gotten a better lineup? Jamie squared and Souness is the best they could do?

Carragher is decent but the other two haven't a clue

Agueroooo wrote: »
    What he say?

Modric is a weakness for Madrid. ''Doesn't score enough goals, doesn't provide the killer pass, won't win you a tackle. He's a borderline 5 a side player, looks good at times but when you're looking to win the Champions League....''

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Anyone watching this on town (dublin) fancy watching in a pub but mates aren't bothered heading in. Wouldn't mind tagging along with someone from here?

Champions League @ChampionsLeague
    LINEUP: @realmadrid: Casillas; Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Coentrao; Khedira, Modric, Di Maria; Bale, Benzema, Ronaldo. #UCLfinal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Khedira just came back from injury didn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Jesus's that's ridiculous, there's a very decent argument for Modric to be included in a best world XI.

A couple of posts from some friends on Facebook. It's maybe hard for some to realize how dislikeable Madrid are not living here:

I hate Real Madrid. I hate the sanitised, outdoor-heated empty vase that is the Bernabeu. I hate Florentino Perez, and his puppets and pets at Marca. I hate their Francoite past and their PP present. I hate their droning dream of the 'decima', founded on five trophies won in dubious circumstances against the might of Reims and Eintracht Frankfurt before the rest of the continent even noticed the tournament. I hate their ludicrous, grasping split of the Spanish TV money. I hate their Galacticos. I hate Pepe, Sergio Ramos and Cristiano - all first ballot inductees into the Hall of Complete **** who happen to be good at football. I hate that the font on their shirts appears to have been designed by a three year old child with a crayola who thought Comic Sans MS looked a bit formal. Sometimes it's the little things. I hate the myth of their mystique and majesty, obediently perpetuated by the football tourists who stuff their stadium every week, wedging themselves in between the preening pijos, posing over their pipas who see 4-0 wins as their birthright and can't be bothered to clap. I might 'sports-hate' rivals and pantomime villains like Arsenal or Chelsea, but after three years in their back yard I have come to genuinely hate Real. **** Real Madrid. Aupa Aleti.

Another one:

Mere words cannot express my contempt for Real Madrid. A collection of preening, overpaid Fascist pijo hoors, staffed by ***** and supported by *****. Ram your décima up you collective hole. FORZA ATLETI

I hope that the team that wants it more, the fans that want it more, those with real dedication towards their team, who really know what supporting a team is about, win tonight.

If so, there will be a party a Neptuno tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

****ing annoying me watching this pre match analysis on Sky. Not one Spanish pundit. They haven't a ****ing clue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Come on Atletico, you can do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

SantryRed wrote: »
    ****ing annoying me watching this pre match analysis on Sky. Not one Spanish pundit. They haven't a ****ing clue.

Alonso is on it now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Can always watch Stevie G, Roy K and the other bloke on ITV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

I didn't catch the teams is Bale playing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Or watch the best spanish analyst in the game El Dunphy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

obezyana wrote: »
    I didn't catch the teams is Bale playing

Yep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

I predict Atleti 2 Real 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

So Slick

10246856_674551049249553_6666472615927532991_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Roy Keane trying to keep a straight face :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

1-0 to Real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Beautiful trolling by Keano there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Rodrigo Y Gabriela. I approves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

This is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

this is awful. They shouldn't bother with this shiit.

What a setting. Aupa Atleti!

Boa_knbIEAASECs.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Jaysus it's Yazz!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Impressive opening.

• Advertisement
Advertisement