Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto G cracked screen...repair advice???

Options
  • 19-05-2014 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi All,
    I've been unbelievably unlucky with the Moto G! I bought one in January and it got stolen in March. I loved the phone so much, I bought another one just last month. Yesterday, I dropped it and the screen cracked/shattered. It's working perfectly apart from the broken glass.
    I contacted Motorola online but all they would say is it's not covered under the warranty and to contact a company called SBE Ireland for repair quote etc.
    Does anyone have any experience with this company or can you recommend another place to get the glass replaced on a Moto G? I'm in Dublin centre. Thanks :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Sorted wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I've been unbelievably unlucky with the Moto G! I bought one in January and it got stolen in March. I loved the phone so much, I bought another one just last month. Yesterday, I dropped it and the screen cracked/shattered. It's working perfectly apart from the broken glass.
    I contacted Motorola online but all they would say is it's not covered under the warranty and to contact a company called SBE Ireland for repair quote etc.
    Does anyone have any experience with this company or can you recommend another place to get the glass replaced on a Moto G? I'm in Dublin centre. Thanks :)

Try getting a few estimates, the below link allows you to request one.

http://electronicpartner.ie/phone-repairs/motorola-moto-g-repair-dublin-co-dublin-lcd-repair/

aliexpress.com have a few places that sell digitiser unit 52USD you could try fixing it your self watching YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

I got a quote of them for €139.00 for a cracked screen to be repaired.Wont be going there.Thanks for the link T bird.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭FunkyDa2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭T-Bird

More or less what I said above.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭FunkyDa2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

I have cracked the outer glass on my moto g and got a replacement glass from alibaba but it came without a double sided tape so haven't tried doing it myself. Does anyone know of a repair shop which who would put this on for me? I'm in Carlow but do be in Dublin regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

hogandrew wrote: »
    I have cracked the outer glass on my moto g and got a replacement glass from alibaba but it came without a double sided tape so haven't tried doing it myself. Does anyone know of a repair shop which who would put this on for me? I'm in Carlow but do be in Dublin regularly

If you just got glass and not full display assembly then it can be difficult to find someone to do this. Most repair shops are lazy and will just replace the entire display (which obviously costs more for you but is easier for them)

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

spix wrote: »
    If you just got glass and not full display assembly then it can be difficult to find someone to do this. Most repair shops are lazy and will just replace the entire display (which obviously costs more for you but is easier for them)

Ye that seems to be the case. Thanks for the reply

Advertisement