Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro d'Italia Stage 10 – May 20th, Modena - Salsomaggiore 173km **Unmasked Spoilers**

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,580 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

On a stage like this, how do the main GC treat them? There is little danger of their rivals gaining any time, and if they do manage to slip away they will just get their team to drive it at the front.

Are these stages just a waste of time for them, a time to simply avoid crashing and a glorified training ride?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

el tel wrote: »
    I think they should make them blow into a machine every morning and the one with the biggest Vo2 max wins the stage. Or stick them on a watt bike for 10 mins and measure their watts if it's a tt stage

Oi ...less of the sarcasm :D

Did you hear the cycling podcast say that Dan Martin does NOT want to ride the Tour but the team are insisting he does ...Neil told yer man from ITV Ned Boulting - Dan wants to wait for the Vuelta ....but I think he could ride both as didn't ride much of Giro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

A regulation flat stage is better than those blasted "fake" mountain stages they had in the Tour de France a couple of years ago (2012).

-"Look, we're going up a big mountain and the leaders are getting churned up a bit. This is interesting."

-"Waitaminute, whaddya mean there is another 20km of downhill and flat racing after the climb?"

-"Oh, they're all back together again. Great...!"

I quite like the downhill ending stages .....suits people with good descending abilities for a change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

MPFG wrote: »
    I quite like the downhill ending stages .....suits people with good descending abilities for a change

Yeah, they're good fun, but not when there are bleedin' loads of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

check_six wrote: »
    Yeah, they're good fun, but not when there are bleedin' loads of them!

Or the ones with 20k of flat road after coming off a mountain.
    I remember one that had loads of high pyrnees mountains in the middle and finished in lourdes with 30k of flat before the end. Nothing happened

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

MPFG wrote: »
    Oi ...less of the sarcasm :D

I was being serious!!

el tel wrote: »
    I was being serious!!

Really ...I suppose you only want mountain stages so

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

check_six wrote: »
    A regulation flat stage is better than those blasted "fake" mountain stages they had in the Tour de France a couple of years ago (2012).

-"Look, we're going up a big mountain and the leaders are getting churned up a bit. This is interesting."

-"Waitaminute, whaddya mean there is another 20km of downhill and flat racing after the climb?"

-"Oh, they're all back together again. Great...!"

was not that not coz the french lad who sprinted up the mountain shat his pants on the way down so they wanted to give him time to catch up when hed let go of his brakes :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement